Author Topic: hmm...unexpected worm or virus??  (Read 2732 times)

haphysic

hmm...unexpected worm or virus??
« on: September 19, 2006, 02:55:23 PM »
 ???

hi there...hmm,recently i've been threated to this unknown worm,virus perhaps?How do i get it ;
-last day i tried to help my friend to resolve her computer that was infected by this virus,unfortunately all the anti virus program including norton,avast,avg and many others cant detect it and i used my usb to transfer all the installer data to my friend's comp

-when i right click on my usb icon at MY COMPUTER,the order of action changed alredy.it starts with Auto.exe which is suppose to be Open right?

-because im so naughty,i just double clicked it to check what will happen.Then eventually i found that the virus able to install itself by just double clik on the usb icon in My computer
how does it works :

1.dISable the anti-virus program
                   2.interupt Folder option 'view' on hidden files & folders
[still enable user to open it but make us unable to show hidden folder eventhough
 we alredy 'check' the SHOW HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS on view option]

thats all i can say about the worm/virus perhaPS...anyone hv experienced about this? can help me plzzz...thanks
so sory my english little poor,but u can understand right.. ^^

NickGolovko

Re: hmm...unexpected worm or virus??
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 05:51:57 PM »
This is Email-Worm.Win32.Brontok. avast should know it.. but it may be an unknown variant. If avast sees nothing, let me know - I am able and ready to heal your computer. :)

haphysic

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 03:51:59 AM »
yeap,by the way thx for the feedback. ^_^

ok,this virus able to run even in safe mode..yes,it might be w32 brontok because last time i've been threated to it but luckily i managed to solve it by using cleaner for all variant of w32 brontok.For your infos,me ardy tried to clean it up using the cleaner tool for all variant of brontok,but the result remain unchanged...sob.huhu...u have any other idea about this?
for ur additional information,this virus able to auto reset Check the DO NOT SHOW HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS eventhough we ardy UnCHECKED it
its some kind of worm i guess,

NickGolovko

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:40:47 AM »
As soon as you've sent me a personal message, let's discuss it there.

A report will be published ;)