Author Topic: Error 42102 [Exception in macro viruses code] displaying in Powershell  (Read 5792 times)

Offline SeriouslyFunny

Hi everyone,

I tried to do a boot time scan last night and a lot of files came up as [zip archive is corrupted] but in the end it showed Windows Powershell with Error 42102 [exception in macro viruses code]. I ran the boot scan again and the same results came up. I attached the report below.

I hope someone can tell me what to do.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Error 42102 [Exception in macro viruses code] displaying in Powershell
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 02:36:04 PM »
I hope someone can tell me what to do.
You do nothing

Why do you run boot time scan?

Offline SeriouslyFunny

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 07:56:37 PM »
I did it to check for viruses. I had already done a full system scan before which came clean but I didn't want to leave anything to chance.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 08:48:16 PM »
Bot time scan does not give any better detection and is not meant to be used as a regular scanner, it is a tool designed to be used if you have problems removing something that is detected

Offline SeriouslyFunny

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 02:43:25 AM »
Okay so I take it that all those errors [ZIP archive is corrupted], [exception in macro viruses code] are a normal part of the working of the OS? I was pretty scared when all those results started coming up.  I thought my system had been infected.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 11:06:46 AM »
Okay so I take it that all those errors [ZIP archive is corrupted], [exception in macro viruses code] are a normal part of the working of the OS?
These are error messages from the scan engine and not detections. [ZIP archive is corrupted] usually mean that scan engine can not unpack and scan that archive for whatever reason

anyway the important message is at the end of the scan log: Number of infected files: 0