Author Topic: strange error message  (Read 7143 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: strange error message
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 05:14:12 PM »
the previous AVAST must have somehow corrupted or when updating a file may have been corrupted by who knows what but nonetheless corrupted it causing the entire program to be corrupted.
Do you have two avast installations in the same computer at the same time?  ::) ???
If you post the setup.log contents will be easy to help (if possible).
The best things in life are free.

Beast Master

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 01:19:54 AM »
NO Tech,,,,i dont have two Avasts.....my previous post is quite clear. i uninstalled the problem one...then installed a NEW one....i tried to type my problem ones key, (license), in the newly installed NEW avast. it said i had an existing Avast installed. which when you uninstal an old one, obviously it keeps a root extension in the computer probably to prevent two from being used at the same time. i tried to be clear, maybe im not saying it correctly....hmmmm

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 03:30:11 AM »
NO Tech,,,,i dont have two Avasts.....my previous post is quite clear.
Sorry if I misunderstood you...  :-[ :-[

The problem is that I can't guess what's happening, what's wrong... I'm trying to help but it's being like a shoot in the dark...
So, because of this, I've asked you to post the contents of the C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\setup.log file.
I'm not upset... just trying to help...
The best things in life are free.

Beast Master

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 03:05:54 PM »
Tech, i realize your here to help. but sir i already posted the only three messages in the log. did you not read them? i explained this also.  and now since i installed NEW that old log is long gone, just as i posted it would be. that is why i typed it in instead of putting two pages of the log here on the post and taking up all that space. there is over 200 error messages and i wasnt going to post a file that large here. read above posts and youll see the error messages. i dont want to sound harsh here but it seems you arent reading what i post. the problem is gone at this point.

Beast Master

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 03:09:47 PM »
read post #11. log is typed there.

Beast Master

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 03:11:45 PM »
excuse me its reply #13 sorry was in a hurry.