Author Topic: Erratic PS2 mouse  (Read 2369 times)

detno

Erratic PS2 mouse
« on: September 24, 2006, 05:18:10 AM »
I have had a problem for several months with my PS2 mouse operating by itself  closing applications and opening other applications (most common user accts, Taskbar and menu properties, run plus others). I have tried several online virus scanners and free spyware checkers and my system is clean and the problem continues.  I have formated my hdd and reinstalled WinXP and the problem continued. I formatted again, but installed Win98 and the problem continued. I formatted again and installed longhorn and the problen continued. I purchased a new HDD and installed winxp and the problem continued. I formatted again and reinstalled Winxp and the problem didn't occur again. That is, until I installed Avast antivirus ( I forgot). When I realised I hadn't installed avast, I installed it. And guess what? The problem occurred again. I have tried several firewalls and everytime before i formatted I ran several virus scan products, and several spyware products. I believe I now have the answer. It seems to be Avast.
Does anyone know of any other free antivirus programs that do as much as Avast?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Erratic PS2 mouse
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 04:12:59 PM »
I have had a problem for several months with my PS2 mouse operating by itself
Sorry the silly question, but did you try another mouse?

Does anyone know of any other free antivirus programs that do as much as Avast?
I'll suggest you to follow this:

1) Disable System Restore on Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;310405
2) Clean your temporary files.
3) Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot.
4) Use a-squared, ewido or Spyware Terminator (trojan removers).
The best things in life are free.