Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Accessibility issues

<< < (2/12) > >>

strakl:
Hello all avast members.
I am a new avast forum member, as well as pretty much a new avast user. So, a year a go, from what i've saw, avast was rubbish in terms of accessibility. I just reinstalled it the other day, and, oh my, this is just, wow wow wow! It's so much an improvement. Everything is accessible very much, but for example, the first screen when you install avast doesn't have screen reader focus, which is a pain because i can't get it to focus because it's that thing that starts first, when you install  avast and let you do a first scann, and some other things, and that thing should have focus. But yeah, very accessible at least for now, just fix some focus issues. By the way, the upgrading to avast paid subscribtions window doesn't have focus eather. Oh and yeah, using windows 10, NVDA screen reader, because I'm blind.
Regards,
Urh

petr blatny:
Thank you very much for your feedback. As you wrote, there are still issues, we are working on it. We know about the first screen. Could I ask for screenshot of your screen when you lost the focus during upgrade: the upgrading to avast paid subscribtions window? The flow is pretty long, and it helps a lot to identify when exactly this happen. You can send it directly to me: petr.blatny@avast.com

Thank you again
Petr

--- Quote from: strakl on September 09, 2020, 05:34:38 PM ---Hello all avast members.
I am a new avast forum member, as well as pretty much a new avast user. So, a year a go, from what i've saw, avast was rubbish in terms of accessibility. I just reinstalled it the other day, and, oh my, this is just, wow wow wow! It's so much an improvement. Everything is accessible very much, but for example, the first screen when you install avast doesn't have screen reader focus, which is a pain because i can't get it to focus because it's that thing that starts first, when you install  avast and let you do a first scann, and some other things, and that thing should have focus. But yeah, very accessible at least for now, just fix some focus issues. By the way, the upgrading to avast paid subscribtions window doesn't have focus eather. Oh and yeah, using windows 10, NVDA screen reader, because I'm blind.
Regards,
Urh

--- End quote ---

strakl:
Hi Petr.
I'm afraid I can't give the screenshot because I already have the pro version for  avast and I don't want to reinstall avast to get that window again, although don't worry, I'll explain in detail where that window is, and I am allmost sure you will know what i mean.
So, you know when you install avast free, you get a welcome gift, if you unwrapp the gift, that screen that says i have my subscribtion 60 percent off at a discount is not in focus and i have to use OCR to get it to work. Also, on the main avast screen, if you have the free version, clicking upgrade will put you in that inaccessible screen.
I'll try to help as much as I can with other issues that i may find.
Windows 10 64 bit, using NVDA as my main screen reader.
Regards,
Urh

strakl:
Hello!
One more question. Could this forum be changed so you wouldn't have to verify everytime you want to post but only once on the beginning. I think this should be in this topic because there are some people that find it hard to do this type of thing, even when listening.
Regards,
Urh

Asyn:
Hi Urh, captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version