Author Topic: Secure Browser V. 86 / yahoo mail  (Read 1987 times)

Offline cooptnt

Secure Browser V. 86 / yahoo mail
« on: October 27, 2020, 06:41:35 PM »
Has anyone had any issues with Avast Browser and the web based Yahoo email? I used the email link from the Yahoo home page, entered my password and an entirely different email came up. It was or seems to be Yahoo Mail but it appears to be a brand new account. All my custom folders are gone, nothing in my inbox, nothing in trash or spam folders. It looks like a brand new email account.

This is only happening on my computer that I have Avast Browser installed on, and it is only happening with the Avast Browser. If I open my Yahoo Email from another browser my email looks as it should. Also, when I send and email to my Yahoo account from my work email it is not received on the Avast Browser email but it is received on all other computers and browsers.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on? Should I uninstall and go back to an older version?

Thanks for any and all help.

Offline viktoriya.vitova

• Avast team
Re: Secure Browser V. 86 / yahoo mail
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 03:43:51 PM »
Hi, cooptnt!

Thank you for reporting this issue

I have a yahoo account with custom folders too. I've opened it in Avast browser and it has looked the same as in Chrome.

Could you please share us your Diagnostic information?
1. Open the browser and click on the menu icon (3 dots in upright corner)
2. Click on “Help and About Avast Secure Browser” and then “About Avast Secure Browser”
3. Click on “Diagnostic Information” (this will open a pop-up window)
4. Click the “COPY TO CLIPBOARD” button to capture the information and paste it here.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
@viktoriya.vitova
Are you an Avast staff member? We can see no indication of that.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 10:32:31 AM »
@viktoriya.vitova
Are you an Avast staff member? We can see no indication of that.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=239267.msg1566660#msg1566660
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0