Author Topic: i have a trojan problem...PLEASE HELP  (Read 14417 times)

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: i have a trojan problem...PLEASE HELP
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 02:15:53 PM »
Hi Satine777,

Please could you start your own thread so people can see your post and offer help?

It will help us a lot if you can give us some more information: the name and location of the malware. This is the sort of thing we need:

Avast just picked up win32: Horst-BJ in our morning boot-time scan, thank God.
It was in C: Docs and Sets\All Users\Application Data\CanonBJ\IJPrinter\CNMWindows\Canonip6600D\Installer\Inst2\helpkicker.exe
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Satine777

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 09:03:46 PM »
Thank you for the reply!

Here are the files, they, Avast!, recommend me to store in the chest:
 C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll  Bestandscategorie: 0
BestandsID: 0000000002  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsock.dll  Bestandscategorie: 0
BestandsID: 0000000003  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.dll  Bestandscategorie: 0
BestandsID: 0000000004  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\Documents and Settings\Bremer\Local Settings\Temp\p2psetup.exe  Bestandscategorie: 1
BestandsID: 0000000005  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\Documents and Settings\Bremer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8ZNFM85H\p2psetup[1].exe  Bestandscategorie: 1
BestandsID: 0000000006  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{AE2A05D5-0BFF-4A26-84F5-38FD9C43AE12}\RP30\A0002258.exe  Bestandscategorie: 1

And this I found, in according with viruses, when I searched in 'documents and settings' on my pc:

BestandsID: 0000000002  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsock.dll  Bestandscategorie: 0
BestandsID: 0000000003  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.dll  Bestandscategorie: 0
BestandsID: 0000000004  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\Documents and Settings\Bremer\Local Settings\Temp\p2psetup.exe  Bestandscategorie: 1
BestandsID: 0000000005  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\Documents and Settings\Bremer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8ZNFM85H\p2psetup[1].exe  Bestandscategorie: 1
BestandsID: 0000000006  Originele bestandsnaam: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{AE2A05D5-0BFF-4A26-84F5-38FD9C43AE12}\RP30\A0002258.exe  Bestandscategorie: 15-10-2006   2:31:50   1160008310   Bremer   2444   Sign of "Win32:Lineage-197 [Trj]" has been found in "C:\Documents and Settings\Bremer\Local Settings\Temp\p2psetup.exe\[UPX]" file. 
5-10-2006   2:33:41   1160008421   Bremer   2444   Sign of "Win32:Lineage-197 [Trj]" has been found in "C:\Documents and Settings\Bremer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8ZNFM85H\p2psetup[1].exe\[UPX]" file. 
5-10-2006   2:41:30   1160008890   Bremer   2444   Sign of "Win32:Lineage-197 [Trj]" has been found in "C:\System Volume Information\_restore{AE2A05D5-0BFF-4A26-84F5-38FD9C43AE12}\RP30\A0002258.exe\[UPX]" file. 

I hope this is some or enough information.

I read in this posting that it is a good idea to dowload Zone Alarm. I am planning to do that.

I myself downloaded, from a link on a page from Avast!: Spybot search and destroy.
I think that's a good program as well:-)
I would like to hear your opinion:-), about this:-)

Thank you!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsock.dll  Bestandscategorie: 0
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.dll  Bestandscategorie: 0
These files seem to be on the System folder of the Chest, i.e., they're there for backup purposes.
Maybe Bestandscategorie: 0 means exactly this.

I myself downloaded, from a link on a page from Avast!: Spybot search and destroy.
I think that's a good program as well:-)
I would like to hear your opinion:-), about this:-)
Very good program. No conflicts with avast.
The best things in life are free.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 11:36:22 PM »
I think the three files Tech mentioned may well be the protected copies of system files which avast! stores in the chest.

p2psetup[1].exe is a P2P adware file. Some P2P networks come bundled with adware/spyware and are best avoided.

See here:

http://www.spybot.info/en/articles/infected_and_clean.html

The files detected seem to be in temp files and System Restore files.

To delete temp files, try using CleanUp:

http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/

I also suggest you run Spybot and also Ad-Aware and a-Squared free to check for traces of adware:

http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

To remove files in System Restore, you will need to temporarily disable System Restore and then turn it back on again, as described here:

http://www.pchell.com/virus/systemrestore.shtml

and here:

http://antivirus.about.com/od/windowsbasics/a/systemrestore.htm

Satine777

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 07:31:44 PM »
Thank you all, very very much, for the good reply's, which will help me a lot!

As soon if I have the time I'm gona read them!

Satine.

!

Satine777

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 06:23:23 AM »
Hi Guys,

So, it is early, so I have the time to read your postings, and the links.
___

I have an announcement to make. I'm also curious, what you think about my decision.

I think I am gonna buy another virus scanner as Avast!. Not that I think that Avast! is not good!!!!No, I knów Avast! is very good, most of the friends of my brother, are saying that and thinking so!!!!!

But..and know comes the 'problem': My Englisch Language is not so good, yes, I can have little conversations, and yes I can follow a movie from BBC, whén there is also Englisch subtitle. I can write postings, my pronunciation is véry good.

But,...this here is also technical terms, which is difficult for me in Dutch, so much more difficult in Englisch.

My brother gave me the computer, and he instal Avast, thinking, there is also Dutch
explanation. Which was not the case(yet). :'(

So, I asked some advice of some of my colleagues: I said to them that I have Avast! with Englisch explanation of things, wich is very hard for me to understand.
(My brother lives in Amsterdam, I live in a little town, on the other side of the country.)
I got some advices from different people: It is better, that I am gonna buy a
Virus scanner with comlete Dutch explenation and interpretation. And than I have to do Avast! and all of it's componenets away from my pc(un-install), and then, after that, I have to install Norton 7, the newest virus scanner with completely Dutch version and explenation.
So that it will not be so hard for me. Now I have to take the dictionary often, and it takes a long time for me to understand things.

So people advised me to buy Norton 7, and one of my co-workers, is gonne help me uninstal Avast!, and install Norton, whitin a few days.

Now I have a question.
When I uninstall Avast!, people told me, that then, Avast! will take the viruses in the chest with it.
Is that true? I heard it from more persons.

Because, recently, I also uninstall Avast!, and I install Norton 5. Than my pc gave me a warning, that Norton 5 is too old. So I quickly uninstall Norton, an re-install Avast. And then again, a warning; the same viruses wich I had before the Un-install came, and where recommended again
to me to do in the chest.!!!

So, what is true, from what my friends here told me; that when you uninstall Avast! it takes the viruses in the chest with it?????
Because here above, it was obviously not the case.

Does anyone want to answer me? Thank you!

And once again, I am gonna change from virus scanner, not because Avast! is not good, no, Avast! is very good! I am gonna Uninstal it, and take another virus-scanner because of the Dutch support! :)

I hope for your understanding!

And I hope for an answer!

With kind regards!

Satine. ;)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 06:40:05 AM by Satine777 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 08:01:36 AM »
Hallo Satine777,

Uit je posting heb ik het vermoeden dat je Nederlandstalig bent. Waarom installeer je dan niet de Nederlandse versie van Avast? Die is even goed als de Engelse en er is ook een Nederlandstalig forum. Dan hoef je niet uit te wijken naar de Engelstalige versie, als je die taal niet voldoende machig bent.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »
I'm sure Polonus just said the same thing, but isn't avast! available in Dutch?

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-translators.html

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 12:15:16 PM »
Yes a Dutch version is available for download, http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Satine777

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 11:47:10 AM »
DavidR,

Of course, I read that piece, what you copied for me:-) And dowloaded and installed it, before I read and saw it.

And yes, some things, like lists, are in Dutch, but the long pieces of tekst, which give explanations, are in English. And then there is written that they(Avast!), are working on a Dutch version.
Maybe I make a mistake(It shall not be the first time;-), so I gonna check the links.

Laterz.

Satine777

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 12:17:56 PM »
I tried, to install avast!(to copy that the fully translation is not yet avalable, the are working on it), that's not possible, when you have it already, then Avast!, bring it up to date, something like this was written.

And of course, my brother saw, that explanation is in dutch avalable as well.

But, and now it comes, when you should install and donwload avast!, there ís an option to choose Dutch as a language. But the things in Dutch are 'only' the lists, like things in the chest, for example. Little things, like small/little sentences and words.
But you will see, when it comes to large texts and scripts, then you get(somewhere) the announcment, that they are working still at the fully translation.
I myself tried it over and over again a few times. Alle the large texts are in English, Although you vinked a few times, that you want the Dutch version!

And that is what I want to say on this forum, I dont go, because Avast! isn't good enough, no Avast! is very good!!!
I go, because there is not a fully translation in Dutch(althoug they are working on it).

Satine!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:31:42 PM by Satine777 »

Satine777

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 12:29:14 PM »
But what about my questions in my postings before this;-)?

nb: Try it yourself, for the ones who don't believe me, when you click on Dutch, you get some small translations, but not the very long help pages, for example.
But, try it on a pc, where is no Avast!, otherwise you update Avast! with the download, and install.

Satine.

nb: Anyway, thank you for the copies and the reply's!:-)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:35:18 PM by Satine777 »

Satine777

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 12:33:10 PM »
When I found somewhere the text again, that the Dutch translation is not fully available yet, I will copy it and put it on this forum;-)

Satine777

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 12:36:24 PM »
I tried, to install avast!(to copy that the fully translation is not yet avalable, the are working on it), that's not possible, when you have it already, then Avast!, bring it up to date, something like this was written.

And of course, my brother saw, that explanation is in dutch available as well.

But, and now it comes, when you should install and donwload avast!, there ís an option to choose Dutch as a language. But the things in Dutch are 'only' the lists, like things in the chest, for example. Little things, like small/little sentences and words.
But you will see, when it comes to large texts and scripts, then you get(somewhere) the announcment, that they are working still at the fully translation.
I myself tried it over and over again a few times. Alle the large texts are in English, Although you vinked a few times, that you want the Dutch version!

And that is what I want to say on this forum, I dont go, because Avast! isn't good enough, no Avast! is very good!!!
I go, because there is not a fully translation in Dutch(althoug they are working on it).

Satine!

Satine777

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 12:52:24 PM »
Hallo Satine777,

Uit je posting heb ik het vermoeden dat je Nederlandstalig bent. Waarom installeer je dan niet de Nederlandse versie van Avast? Die is even goed als de Engelse en er is ook een Nederlandstalig forum. Dan hoef je niet uit te wijken naar de Engelstalige versie, als je die taal niet voldoende machig bent.

polonus

Ja, ik ben Nederlands.
De Nederlandse versie had ik ook geïnstalleerd. Voordat mijn broer het deed, die had ik erafgehaald, ik dacht dat ie het verkeerd had gedaan, vanwege dat Engels.
Je krijgt, echt de mededeling, dat de vertaling nog niet klaar is, en dat ze ermee aan het werk zijn.

Dus ik moet wel uitwijken naar een Nederlandstalige versie.

En daar had ik vragen over.

Die stel ik later nog wel even, ik heb nu haast: werken.

Laterz.