Author Topic: i have a trojan problem...PLEASE HELP  (Read 14419 times)

Satine777

Re: i have a trojan problem...PLEASE HELP
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 02:04:43 AM »
Quote from my posting here before:

Now I have a question.
When I uninstall Avast!, people told me, that then, Avast!, will take the viruses in the chest with it away.
Is that true? I heard it from more persons.

Because, recently, I also uninstall Avast!, and I install Norton 5. Than my pc gave me a warning, that Norton 5 is too old. So I quickly uninstall Norton, an re-install Avast!. And then again, a warning; the same viruses which I had before the Un-install came, and where recommended again
to me to do in the chest.!!!

So, what is true, from what my friends here told me; that when you uninstall Avast!, it takes the viruses in the chest with it??/the viruses are disapearing with the uninstall of Avast!?
Because here above, it was obviously not the case.

Does anyone want to answer me? Thank you!

Or ist it, when one leave Avast!, he or she doesn't get an answer anymore;-)?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 02:07:51 AM by Satine777 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 03:51:56 AM »
When I uninstall Avast!, people told me, that then, Avast!, will take the viruses in the chest with it away.
Is that true? I heard it from more persons.
Sure. avast Chest is a part of avast installation. If you uninstall avast, the Chest (Quarentine) is removed too...

So, what is true, from what my friends here told me; that when you uninstall Avast!, it takes the viruses in the chest with it??/the viruses are disapearing with the uninstall of Avast!?
Because here above, it was obviously not the case.
But the virus can't go out from Chest... it is safe, what you're seeing is a recurring infection, a virus that disappears and comes back...
If a virus is replicant (coming and coming again), you should:
1) Disable System Restore on Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;310405
2) Clean your temporary files.
3) Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot.
4) Use a-squared, Free AVG Antispyware, SUPERantispyware or Spyware Terminator (trojan removers).

Or ist it, when one leave Avast!, he or she doesn't get an answer anymore;-)?
Why are you thinking this?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Satine777

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 03:06:01 PM »
O, thank you, Tech, for the reply!!!

I'm just home a few minutes, I will read your posting as soon as possible!

thank!!!! you!!!!!

Satine;-)

Satine777

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 11:34:55 PM »
I found out, that after all, Avast! is really the best virus scanner.

Thank you for the convincing subjects thing on this forum!

:-*

It's a bit work for me, cause English, but that's no real problem, thanks for this forum with so much information!

::)

Satine.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 12:56:08 AM »
It's a bit work for me, cause English, but that's no real problem, thanks for this forum with so much information!
Feel free to ask for further help or make any question you need.
Sometimes we need to rephrase something... sometimes we spoke to much technically...
English is not my mother language either... so, we're here to share information, knowledge and friendship  8)
The best things in life are free.