Author Topic: Cannot Uninstall Avast from Mac  (Read 823 times)

Offline kmp4747

Cannot Uninstall Avast from Mac
« on: November 15, 2020, 11:53:03 PM »
Hi I've been trying to play Fallout 1 on my Mac through the Porting Kit and Avast hates wine wrappers so I decided after years of service to let her go. Except I can't. I tried uninstalling it through the provided uninstaller and I get an error saying "Check with the developer to make sure com.avast.uninstall works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X." Everything is up to date. So I go to reinstall Avast, but they say I need to uninstall the old one to get the new one. I'm just tired with Avast and want to play my game. If I want to play Fallout 1 I'd need to make an exception for at least 165 files and theres no way to mass make an exception. It also messes with the installer. I've been at this for hours and just want to play my game. Any suggestions? I got so desperate that I put most of the files I could find in the Trash and emptied it, but not all of them will go away. Avast stays permanently open and I've tried to turn off the Persistent Mode and I cannot find where to do this or if it is available. Avast was a lovely program, I just gotta move on.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Cannot Uninstall Avast from Mac
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 12:23:45 AM »
Try posting in the Avast Mac Security sub forum, or check to see if there is a topic already dealing with your problem.

This side of the forum is for the Windows versions of Avast,
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security