Author Topic: Avast Boot Scan Crashing Computer  (Read 8996 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast Boot Scan Crashing Computer
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 09:14:11 PM »
i dont have windows xp recovery cd
The installation CD is what you need, when you try to install XP again, in the same computer you have it installed, there is an option to open the Recovery Console.

But, like said before, the functions available are limited and you need to know technical knowledge to manage your installation through Recovery Console.
The best things in life are free.

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »
The 'Last known good configuration' from the boot menu does not work ?

ChristinaB

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 01:14:27 AM »
Hi, I have a similar problem, i have started a bootscan and the computer crashes before it starts (or when it starts) and I have a blue screen.
I use Windows XP Professional SP 2 on a Toshiba m300 Notebook. I have no other AV programs installed or something like that.
I use avast for a long time but never did a boot scan before.
The Bluescreen says "Stop 0x000000024 (0x00190203,0x88752998,0xC0000102,0x00000000)
It also says, that deinstallation of my antivirus prog may help. (seems to be a common error??)
I cannot run Windows in save mode. It crashes, too... I would like to delete the line in the boot.ini or whereever it is that tries to start the scan. Does anybody know what i have to delete?? (and how to edit boot files with windows xp not starting?)
I havent done a backup recently and i have so many files on it, i dont want to reinstall Windows, plz help! :(
Thank you!

Christina

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 01:38:56 AM »
It also says, that deinstallation of my antivirus prog may help. (seems to be a common error??)

Can you post the text of this notice, where did that come from ?

If previous posts/topics in the forums, then this relates to having another anti-virus program installed and this is what is causing a conflict (not the case here I assume?), in this case it is recommended to boot into safe mode (as avast isn't loaded in safe mode) and uninstall it. This should get rid of the conflict, allowing windows to boot so you can uninstall the other AV, reboot and then re-install avast.

My you can't boot into safe mode is a mystery, http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml, not wishing to insult you but can you ensure you are correctly trying to get into safe mode.

Check this google search to see if there might be anything helpful http://www.google.com/search?q=Stop+0x000000024
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:40:57 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »
avast! drivers/programs are not loaded in safe mode, so if the crash occurs even in safe mode, I'd say the problem is somewhere else:
- maybe a hardware problem?
- maybe an important system file was deleted during the previous Windows session?