Author Topic: Value of Secure Browser?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline bobby-11-07-09

Value of Secure Browser?
« on: November 28, 2020, 06:07:09 PM »
Ok...since my last post there has been an update to the secure browser.  However, it didn't fix my earlier problem and now after the update the browser opens on startup.  Yeah, yeah, I know that there is a setting for that not happen.  However, it's opening even with the button turned off(no green).

What I don't know about computer stuff fills an ocean, but logically it seems to me that Avast's Browser Guard Extension would make both Google and Edge as safe as the
Avast Secure Browser.

Am I wrong?  If so, what is the real advantage of having it instead the extension?

Thanks!!!

Offline Jakub171

• Avast team
Re: Value of Secure Browser?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 10:50:26 AM »
Hi. This problem was being discussed in here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=235407.msg1553119#msg1553119

In short, you have right-click the Avast antivirus icon and select "Run Bank Mode"
A new browser will start in bank mode. There you have to go to the settings page and disable the Launch on startup.

As for the other question, I would summarize it like this:
ASB is a browser focusing on security and privacy in order to make sure the users can easily, privately and safely browse online.
Anti-Phishing: protection against malware and fake websites
Adblock & Anti-Tracking: block ads and tracking files from downloading on your PC
Hack Check: monitoring data breaches keeping your digital life safe
many other security and privacy features that can be found on the Security & Privacy Center page