Author Topic: Spammers on avast forum!  (Read 35115 times)

John Galt

Re: Spammers on avast forum!
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2006, 11:29:50 AM »
Received this from the spammer in personal mail.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2006, 11:34:41 AM »
There's really no need to post any further messages here - it actually only spreads the spamming.
The official response is here.

John Galt

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2006, 11:41:47 AM »
Understood!
However I was only indicating, that I did not get that message in email, but rather from the personal messages on this forum, as obviously he logged back in at the time indicated inĀ  the message, and wanted to make someone aware, since I could not send a personalĀ  message to the Admin. I was not aware it came in PM as well as to my normal  email address. My apologies.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 11:47:29 AM by John Galt »

The Hammer

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2006, 11:42:57 AM »
I must apologize.
After pulling my complete email records I see I did use the spammed address for a forum account.
Thankfully the Reg data base is stored separately, though that's little relief to forum participants that were spammed or even worse have been compromised with malware.
I would think best practice would be to make member list function unavailable for general parsing.

BanziBaby

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2006, 12:42:23 PM »
Just to let the mods know i also go one of these pm's today, will just delete it, it's a shame that some idiot can cause so much trouble.

Also got the email.

It was from a EdwardN & it the image links have been edited as shown in the image on a post on this page.

Best wishes to the admins in fightin this.

BaNzI ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 12:53:35 PM by BanziBaby »