Author Topic: Re: Re-registration or new license key  (Read 4169 times)

standeb

Re: Re-registration or new license key
« on: October 21, 2006, 08:05:40 PM »
http:// ???

Hi moderators.

I run XP pro. SP2. My Anti Virus is Avast Home.

My registration or license number us due to expire in November, 2006.

I have attempted to renew my license number but after receiving the e mail with the license key and entering the same I still see the original license number when I visit "About Avast".

I would appreciate if I can be informed whether the new license key has been accepted or not. I am a bit confused by what I see.

Thanking you in advance as I await your replies.

standeb.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Re: Re-registration or new license key
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »
If there was a problem then it would display a warning. What you see in the about avast isn't the complete key so it is entirely possible it looks the same. How did you confirm it was/is the same ?

What is in the Updates expiry date in about avast ?

Insert Registration Key - Video
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline xistenz

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 09:32:25 PM »
The first part of the key (upto the '-') is a hashed form of your email address. This part will always remain the same if you use the same email. When you use "About Avast", it will show the first part of your licence key.

At least that how I think it works  :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 11:14:01 PM »
I would appreciate if I can be informed whether the new license key has been accepted or not. I am a bit confused by what I see.
Please take a look here: http://www.avast.com/eng/i_was_successfully_r.html

Q: I was successfully registered for using avast! antivirus program and I received the activation key. However, when I try to enter the key, the program says "Invalid license number". Why?

A: The activation key is valid. Use copy & paste method to enter it into avast! (watch the instructional video); keep in mind that this number can't be used on any server operating system. Besides, you have to be logged in Windows with administrators rights (to enter they key).
Also, check if your system date is set correctly. The license key is valid for one year, so if you changed the system date to a value when the key is expired, it becomes invalid. In that case, set the system date correctly and enter the same license key again.
The best things in life are free.

standeb

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 06:23:21 PM »
Hello Moderators,

My sincerest apologies for neglecting to reply to your posts. The failure so to do is regretted. I had been out of Trinidad and was not using my computer for the longest while. I have just returned and now realize that my family had not known about the post and therefore no replies were forthcoming. Again my humble apologies.

Before leaving the problem written about was in fact sorted out by the Avast team and the matter was resolved.

I wish to thank you all for your replies and the time taken so to do.

Again my humble apologies and best regards

Standeb

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Re: Re-registration or new license key
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 06:46:31 PM »
Wow that is probably the longest delayed reply in the forums ;D

Welcome back, glad that things are OK.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security