Author Topic: What Windows services does Avast rely on?  (Read 921 times)

Offline AZBruno

What Windows services does Avast rely on?
« on: December 21, 2020, 12:54:48 AM »
Just curious if anyone can provide a list of the MS Windows services that Avast Anti-Virus free would rely on to operate correctly. Since I tend to disable services that are not useful to my system, I am wondering if issues I'm having could relate to a disabled or manual service.

[I would think if this was the case there would some kind of indication though.]

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: What Windows services does Avast rely on?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 01:37:32 AM »
I certainly don't know, but they would surely be low level services and I don't know if it would be wise for them to discus what services they use in a public forum.

I too would think there would be some sort of indication, in the form of an error message.  But I guess you haven't had this or you would have mentioned it.

If you are having problems, then I would advise you Generate a support package https://www.avast.com/en-gb/faq.php?article=AVKB33#artTitle.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security