Author Topic: Getting constant notifications about Script:SNH-gen [Adw] in Chrome.  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Dean109

Screenshot enclosed. Getting constant notifications about Script:SNH-gen[adw] when opening Chrome windows but no option to remove the "virus" or "adware" is given and I can't find anything about this online.

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Getting constant notifications about Script:SNH-gen [Adw] in Chrome.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 01:54:32 AM »
That is because the detection is on the site being visited and not on your system.

When you open a web page the content starts to be downloaded (via the Web Shield) and is scanned before it hits your system, if an alert occurs the connection is effectively broken.

Are you actually making the connection to google.co.uk ?

Incidentally I use Firefox as my default browser and connecting to google.co.uk doesn't cause an alert.
EDIT: As you can see from my image it doesn't have all that junk behind it when I connect directly.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 01:58:18 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security