Author Topic: u-torrent  (Read 3925 times)

GYL

u-torrent
« on: December 26, 2006, 05:00:57 PM »
hello and happy xmas to everybody.Do you know if u-torrent is listed in p2p protected 
by avast?

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: u-torrent
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »
Hello :)

Yes, uTorrent is protected by avast!'s p2p Shield ;)

happy xmas and to you  ;D
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline BJ_GeOrgE

• Avast Evangelist
  • prevention is better than cure
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 05:17:40 PM »
yes u-torrent is included in the p2p programs supported by avast..u can see it by urself by opening the "on-access protection control",click "details",click on "p2p shield","customise" and there u go.. ;) happy xmas.. :D
Antivirus: Avast Free v8.0.1497/Firewall: Windows Firewall/On Demand: Malwarebytes Free Edition/Other tools: CCleaner

GYL

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 05:22:29 PM »
Thanks to everybody.

Avaster

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 06:42:32 PM »
what's the real benefit of P2P Shield, since Standart Shield anyways continuously checks file that i'm downloading? Personally i don't use  that P2P Shield. I just use Standart Shield and Network Shield, but basicly just SS is the the one that's really needed. I think that all the other modules are more or less unnecessary. Of course they provide little bit more security, but are they really needed...?

That's just my opinion, but i also might be wrong...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 07:24:41 PM »
The Standard Shield should be classed as a last line of defence as by then it is already on your system.

The idea of the other resident scanners is that they use the localhost proxy so emails,web content, etc. can be scanned and stopped before arrival on your HDD.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 10:44:53 PM »
what's the real benefit of P2P Shield, since Standart Shield anyways continuously checks file that i'm downloading?
On resources used:
Standard Shield without scanning open/saved/modified files + P2P provider is LESS THAN Standard Shield scanning open/saved/modified files + without P2P provider.
So, or you use Standard Shield scanning open/saved/modified files or it's better to have the dedicated provider.
The best things in life are free.