Author Topic: Avast vs Outlook Express  (Read 4815 times)

Siplace

Avast vs Outlook Express
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:34:29 PM »
Hello. With Outlook 2003 there are no problems, but my friend uses Outlook express and folds there since the Instalation of Avast that dispatches and receives from Mails net more! I deactivate Avast go it again!! Here times the error message: The server terminated the connection unexpectedly. Possibly a server problem is present, it a network problem arose or time limit was exceeded. Account: '*******', servers: ' mx.freenet.de ', minutes: POP3, haven: 110. Secure (SSL): No, error number: 0x800CCC0F Property already thereafter gegoogelt however nothing useful found! It is however clearly because of Avast!! Does someone have an idea???? mfg

Hallo.

Mit Outlook 2003 gibt es keine Probleme, aber meine Freundin nutzt Outlook Express und da klappt seit der Instalation von Avast das versenden und empfangen von Mails net mehr! Deaktiviere ich Avast geht es wieder!!

Hier mal die Fehlermeldung:

Der Server hat unerwartet die Verbindung beendet. Möglicherweise liegt ein Serverproblem vor, es ist ein Netzwerkproblem aufgetreten oder das Zeitlimit wurde überschritten. Konto: '*******', Server: 'mx.freenet.de', Protokoll: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL): Nein, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC0F

Habe schon danach gegoogelt aber nichts brauchbares gefunden! Es liegt aber eindeutig an Avast!!

Hat jemand eine Idee????

mfg

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast vs Outlook Express
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 05:35:30 PM »
What is his firewall ?
Does it allow ashMaiSv.exe, the avast email scanner ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 05:40:46 PM »
Google exactly this 0x800CCC0F
Won't you find related info?
The best things in life are free.

Siplace

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:02:52 AM »
Hello. All are set to attitude in Firewall (Kerio) and were not changed!! Avast does not have only installed and since then yesterday functions the Mailverkehr over Outlook express any longer!!
With Outlook 2003 everything functions in the best way!!
This does not help me: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/de
Even if I do not issue InterNet Mail and Outlook Exchange function the Mailverkehr via Outlook express!

mfg

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 12:45:02 AM »
When you use the avast plugin for Outlook 2003 then the avast Internet Mail scanner is not used and the only permission needed for Internet access in the firewall is for Outlook.

When you use Outllok Express or other regular POP3 mail clients then avast intercepts the email activity so it can be scanned.  It is necessary that the the avast email scanner (ashMaiSv.exe) is given permission in the firewall to access the Internet.  If this permission is not given then you will get the error you are seeing.

Siplace

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 09:00:02 AM »
Hello.

ashMaiSv.exe has full InterNet authorization in the Firewall! With Outlook everything does not function only with Outlook express! If I deactivate the Provider "InterNet Mail" function the Mailverkehr via Outlook express, however without examination! Does someone have times the configuration this Providers for me to the comparison???

mfg

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 09:14:27 AM »
What antivirus was being used before avast was installed? 

Was that antivirus removed before avast was installed?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 01:44:06 PM »
What antivirus was being used before avast was installed? 
If Norton, AVG or ClamWin... they could bring trouble with avast if they're not properly uninstalled.

Siplace

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 10:05:03 AM »
Hello.

Before Avast AntiVir 7 was installed and only deinstalliert before for Avast was installed!

mfg

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 11:42:35 AM »
Before Avast AntiVir 7 was installed and only deinstalliert before for Avast was installed!
When you installed avast (or when you try to install now), is there any error message saying that Antivir (Avira) is present?
How many providers are turned on (stay the mouse pointer over the 'a' blue icon on system tray to see)?