Author Topic: Sending a suspissious file for analise -- need an assistance please  (Read 4222 times)

Hi All!
I have just sent an archive with  a suspissious file gor analise to virus@avast.com.
I made it from avast! Virus Chest, but in that way I can't add the password to it.
So my question is: Will that e-mail come for an analise?  ???
P.S. My email provider server has the built in antivirus checking (by Dr.Web) , but Dr.Web "don't know" anithing about this virus too)
Thanks  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Sending a suspissious file for analise -- need an assistance please
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:01:32 PM »
Why do you mean?
If Alwil team will answer you by email?
Generally not. They receive the file, add the signature in virus data base but don't automatically answer to senders.
If I'm misunderstanding you, can you rephrase your question?
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »
Hi All!
I have just sent an archive with  a suspissious file gor analise to virus@avast.com.
I made it from avast! Virus Chest, but in that way I can't add the password to it.
So my question is: Will that e-mail come for an analise?  ???
P.S. My email provider server has the built in antivirus checking (by Dr.Web) , but Dr.Web "don't know" anithing about this virus too)

Sending suspect samples from the User Files section of the chest are encrypted and as such you don't need to do anything, no zipping or password protecting required.

It will get through even if it were a sample that could be detected because it is encrypted and AV scanners don't/can't decrypt the attachment. Whilst it is possible with a powerful computer and time to decrypt, the processing effort and time involved isn't worth it for email servers scanning emails.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:17:11 PM »
Hi!

@Tech

I don't mean that I want an answer to my email directly, I was only interested in is it anyway possible that my email will pass my mail provider gateway ::)

@DavidR

Thanks for  such a pro answer to to my question , You make me calm  8)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 11:18:35 PM »
Your welcome, glad I could help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 02:14:38 AM »
@Tech I don't mean that I want an answer to my email directly, I was only interested in is it anyway possible that my email will pass my mail provider gateway ::)
David understood you... as usual, he has a lot of advantage reading/writing in English ;D
The best things in life are free.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 01:38:55 AM »
David understood you... as usual, he has a lot of advantage reading/writing in English ;D

No problem, Tech 8)

Edit: Correcting my typing errors 8)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 01:41:24 AM by avatar2005 »