Author Topic: Trojan Win32: Tiny-ES  (Read 2190 times)

VirusHunter

Trojan Win32: Tiny-ES
« on: February 05, 2007, 06:58:20 AM »
Okay, I was looking though YouTube when all of a sudden I get this message telling me about "Tiny-ES" trojan. I seemed to happen at the exact same time a flash-based banner ad was loading but I'm not sure if that's related or not.

I deleted the infected file and did a scan. I came up clean but I'm still concerned. I did a search on "Tiny-ES" and didn't find anything of substance.

What is "Tiny-ES"?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Trojan Win32: Tiny-ES
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 02:50:33 PM »
I haven't a clue what win32:Tiny-ES is but it has been stopped by the web shield (abort connection stops the download of the file) so it isn't or shouldn't be on your system.

You could try a google search for win32:Tiny- (like I did), which would bring up more about the win32:tiny family), the problem is there is no standardisation on malware naming so it may be different in other AV names. This however, appears to be a trojan downloader (but there are many variants) that if on your system attempts to download either more malware or spyware, etc. So you are better off without it.

YouTube can be exploited with stuff like this as what is on the actual page isn't infected it is only when you load something else from another source and it is possible to have a link not only load a flash (which can be exploited, so you need to have the latest flash player updates) but something else.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security