Author Topic: Taskbar autohide quirk  (Read 2150 times)

MiamiBBW

Taskbar autohide quirk
« on: February 13, 2007, 01:35:07 AM »
Did a bit of searching, but came up empty on topics about my quirk. I Autohide my taskbar. Since installing Avast, it will not Autohide my taskbar anymore. If I un-Autohide, then re-Autohide, it will stay hidden until I need the taskbar. Enough of an annoyance to uninstall Avast, even though I know it's the best product on the market-and every desperate person I've recommended your product to agrees! I cannot live without Autohide. Anything you guys can recommend?  ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Taskbar autohide quirk
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 01:57:27 AM »
I can't understand why you can't live without auto hide, I couldn't live with it. The avast icon can give an early indication you have a problem. However, there is nothing to stop you disabling the display of the icon or at least stop the animation, which is probably why the task bar is un-hidding.

I suggest starting with the disable animation and not getting rid of the icon as that is your interface to the program settings (neded to change this option), the on-access control and access to the simple user interface.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:39:07 AM »
I have always used autohide of the task bar and I have been running with avast for about 2 years now.  No issues with animation of the avast icon ... no problems with autohide and avast.

testy

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 03:50:25 AM »
I just tried autohide on my taskbar with Avast and there is no problem.