Author Topic: The computer is very slowed down until the installation the new version Avast  (Read 3757 times)

lisek

The computer is very slowed down until the installation the new version Avast. What is going on? I do not understand it. The use of the processor, RAM and  net is low (normal)
Windows XP SP2, 1024 DDR2, 2.0GHz Athlon 64

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

What other security based software do you have that might have an effect, anti-spyware, etc. SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, WinPatrol, ProcessGuard, etc. ?

What is your CPU usage in Task Manager, what is using most ?
Is the avast icon rotating in the system tray ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The guidelines for solving of the problem "ashServ.exe using too much CPU" has always been the same:

1. Check if the avast tray icon is spinning (while CPU usage is high)
2. If it is, click it (wait for the dialog box to open), and check which file is being scanned (the Last Scanned field); the Scanned Count value should be increasing (spinning icon means a scan is in progress)
3. Find out which of the providers is scanning the file (click "Details" button and check out the Last Scanned value for each of the providers). The most common providers that may cause this are Standard Shield, P2P Shield and IM Shield.

This is a Vlk's answer to this problem...
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The problem doesn't appear to be too much CPU as lisek doesn't report high CPU usage. Though I cant see how things can be slow without associates CPU activity, unless there is some form of conflict. We will have to wait for a response from lisek.

The use of the processor, RAM and  net is low (normal)
Windows XP SP2, 1024 DDR2, 2.0GHz Athlon 64
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security