Author Topic: avast 4.7 home intalation problem  (Read 9889 times)

ElJac

Re: avast 4.7 home intalation problem
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 09:01:48 PM »
ALLELUIA!!! VICTORY!!!

Panda did manage it. I men the panda root remover or somthing like that. I checked the links you indicated and simply followed. And it managed. UFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!

Thank you Mr. DavidR for your patience and help. I relly do appreciate it. Maby one day I'll be able to pay back :-)

ElJac

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 09:06:01 PM »
Which software can you recommand to install on pc to protect against adaware and spyware??

ElJac

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 09:11:35 PM »
f...

To early! Strange! The icon on desktop is the 'a' icon. After reinstalling avast full scan of discs was performed. I thought it works O.K. now. But... when I clicked this desktop icon still the same problem, still no icon in task bar bottom left and still cannot find .exe :-[

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 09:40:50 PM »
Do you have a firewall ?
One that provides outbound protection and XP's (if that is what you have) doesn't provide any. Without a firewall you will be fighting an uphill battle to remain clean.

Did you read these other forums I gave previously as they would appear to have the same problem ?
See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=26554.0 and
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=25941.0 this topic also provides links to on-line scans.

For software, just look at my signature that I would say is a good start point.

It looks like the rootkit is still at large, so you should also install and then run the other anti-rootkit tool.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mauserme

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 02:10:57 AM »
Now that Panda has done some cleaning it may be worth trying to install BlackLight again.  If it still won't, see if an F-Secure on line scan will help

http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

ElJac

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
well, now I am in deep s...

I tried to boot my pc in a safe mode - no success. So I did this:
Start Menu, Run, typed MSCONFIG, OK, IN BOOT I selected Safe Mode, and...

And now I cannot restart my pc. It is looped!!!!

Is there any solution? I mean to start my pc?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 03:08:17 PM »
I'm sorry I have never experienced what is happening, but I wish you would have run it by us what you were going to try, I certainly wouldn't have used this msconfig option as the only way to change it is to be able to get in and run msconfig again, so if you experience a problem you are trapped.

This suggestion is also fraught with possible consequences, but you are between a rock and a hard place with few options remaining.

If you are able to boot into a DOS prompt rather than into this loop you might be able to edit boot.ini and remove the /safeboot that you added. If you screw up the boot.ini file you are royally screwed.

It is a long time since I played with DOS so you should investigate making a copy of it just in case, something like copy C:\boot.ini C:\boot.old (this however, didn't work for me since I was in windows using a command window, so the file was a hidden file perhaps that was why.

You could also try booting with the windows CD and try to get into the recovery console and try the last good configuration, that may correct the problem. You should investigate how to get into the recovery console (google search, etc.) and print it off before contemplating this.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058 or http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_rec.htm

Both of the above options are ones of last resort I would suggest the recovery console first as you aren't tampering with boot.ini.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ElJac

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 03:29:39 PM »
Well, I was trying to boot this shit with CD, but there was an info that it doesn't see any hard disc installed >:(

And I am not good in DOS at all. It looks like I have to go to some service :'(.

Anyway I'd like to thank all of you for your help. I just give up  :(

mauserme

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »
Can you get into the BIOS?

ElJac

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 07:53:13 PM »
Yes I can. At  least when I press F11 it works. Or should I do something else?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 08:17:42 PM »
Yes I can. At  least when I press F11 it works. Or should I do something else?
At Bios, can you recognize the HDD or the bios does not recognize it?
Can you change the boot order and boot by the CD?
The best things in life are free.

ElJac

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 08:50:56 AM »
As I said, when I tried to boot from CD It says that cannot see any hard disc installed on my pc. My motherboard is ASRock AMD-VIA series.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 04:52:34 AM »
As I said, when I tried to boot from CD It says that cannot see any hard disc installed on my pc.
Which CD? I mean, which is the operational system into the CD?

ElJac

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 08:35:33 AM »
Thanks to all of you for your help. Eventyally I had to format my pc again.  Right now it is O.K.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 02:17:37 PM »
Thanks to all of you for your help. Eventyally I had to format my pc again.  Right now it is O.K.
Glad to know. Feel free to come back and ask for further help if you need 8)