Author Topic: wbdbs32i.dll false positive  (Read 2755 times)

Vistified

wbdbs32i.dll false positive
« on: March 02, 2007, 06:11:47 PM »
Good morning.  I am currently running Avast Home edition 4.7 on my XP Home machine.  Today doing a scan encountered the following wbdbs32i.dll , which Avast told me was tied to a trojan.  However, going in to look at the file in the c/windows/sys32 folder, seems to be a valid file.  It's all caps, WBDBS32I.DLL, and based on the date created, modified, etc., looks like came over with the fresh install of OS.  Belongs to Wilson Windowware.

Think Avast has a false positive here - is there a way to report these?

Thanks.

Vistified

Re: wbdbs32i.dll false positive
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 06:12:53 PM »
never mind - I see there is a process listed in the forum.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: wbdbs32i.dll false positive
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 07:10:44 PM »
Is this the one see (Mini Sticky) False Positives, how to report it to avast! and what to do to exclude them until the problem is corrected.

A google search for this file name returns many hits a number of them relating to a Trojan.

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner I feel virustotal is the better option as it uses the windows version of avast (more packers supported) and there are currently 29 different scanners.
Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. Whichever scanner you use, you can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security