Author Topic: update problem  (Read 5444 times)

edcouch

update problem
« on: April 28, 2003, 01:03:58 AM »
 ???
Greetings folks!  When I try to update my virus definitions (avast4)  I get the following error message.

The specified module cannot be found.
Cannot start incremental updates.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
It was working fine up until I just went to update today and this is what I got.

I am running Win2K on an ECS K7S5A with an Athlon 1800+, W/D60Gig,512MBPC2100 DDR

kubecj

Re:update problem
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 02:04:26 AM »
Hi,

this may mean the only thing - the file setiface.dll from directory avast4\setup is missing. Is that true?

If so, please zip first files setup.log and setup.ini and send it to us. Then copy file setiXXXXXXXX.vpu to setiface.dll. (XXXXXXXX is a hexadecimal number, simply use such file with highest date).

HtH

dedixon

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 11:51:48 PM »
Greetings,

Hate to jump into a thread, but I'm having a similar problem.  I'm running Avast 4 Home edition build June 2003-2 4.0.235 which is the latest version with virus defintion version 0306-6.  I see that there is an updated virus definition avaiable on your website, 0307-0.  I'm running Avast on my Win98 SE with an AMD K6

When I try to update the virus definitions, I get the error message "One of the Library Files needed to run this application cannot be found.  Cannot start incrimental update."

I've followed your advice and found the seti000000eb.vpu file in my window's temp and have copied it to Avast4/setup folder and re-named it setiface.dll.

Now when I try to update the virus definition I get the error message "The system cannot find the file specified.  Cannot start incrimental update."

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 11:56:20 PM by dedixon »

kubecj

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 12:47:06 AM »
Hi,

try to copy file seti000000EB.vpu from avast4\setup to setiface.dll in avast4\setup directory.

The file should be around 40kbs.

I would like to see setup.log file, please zip it and send it to kubecj at asw dot cz

thanks,