Author Topic: Remembering Those....  (Read 8658 times)

drhayden1

Remembering Those....
« on: April 20, 2007, 09:44:04 AM »
Seeing and doing horrors as a Marine in Nam now i have another modern day horror i have to deal with and try and forget ???
God bless the fallen ones and their families :)

In moments like these, it makes us realize how grateful we are to have each day to live.  It reminds us to enjoy our lives with the family and friends we have made and to never take it for granted.  You never know what can happen a minute from now, an hour, a day, or in the next couple weeks.
Pass on this symbol, post it where you can and remember our fallen hokies who lost their lives tragically!

Together we will unite in a way that only Hokies can do- through that strength we will mourn this day- look for

a brighter tomorrow and inspire the country in our bond!

Orange and Maroon forever!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:51:06 PM by drhayden1 »

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
Re: Remembering Those....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
Well said my friend, Well said.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

drhayden1

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 10:02:03 AM »
marc57
avast! Evangelist

congrads marc :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:04:59 AM by drhayden1 »

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • KISS Army
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 10:04:50 AM »
marc57
avast! Evangelist

congrads marc :D

Thanks, And it only took 2 years. 8)  ::)

On Topic:  In honor of the victims
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/virginiatech.shootings/victims/index.html
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:25:25 AM by marc57 »

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 02:16:16 PM »
Brave beyond belief giving of themselves to protect our way of life.
Lest we forget the fallen and hold in highest admiration those that returned.

God bless them all.
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

drhayden1

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:47:16 PM »
tednelly...thanks-but this thread has to do with the virginia tech incident that happened this week ::)
thanks for the kind words about my fellow brothers in arms and others anyways ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:54:26 PM by drhayden1 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 11:17:44 PM »
Hi drhayden1,

There are a few remarks we can make here. The perpetrator was a well trained marksman, there were links between this institute and DARPA, the man was under the influence of mind control (years of prescribed drugs, and without it during the weekend, why always these things happen on a Monday?, altered by playing violent online games?), would not surprise me as this will be used as a form of attack on the Second Amendment. But striking is that all these violent eruptions are not led back to psychotropic drugs and what it does to people in the long run turning them into dangerous zombies, these connections are almost always hushed up.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline OrangeCrate

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 12:40:23 AM »
Seeing and doing horrors as a Marine in Nam...

I think we've had a conversation about this before...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=21979.msg182964;topicseen

...but this thread has to do with the Virginia Tech incident that happened this week...

Staying on topic would be good thing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:34:56 PM by OrangeCrate »

drhayden1

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 07:46:59 AM »
this thread i started was about the troubled ordeal at virginia tech not my troubled ordeal in nam :'(
conversation in the past or whatever-what is that supposed to do to me-i know what i did and that's all that matters-i did my part proudly :)
you have no right to question my service and should keep your opinions and etc. to yourself :'(
does it really matter orangecrate ::)
have a heart...this is not computers and such we are talking about-this is human life and their problems :'(
no more will i say on this matter-i am a human and i have a heart :)
god bless everyone in these troubled times this world is going through :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:50:05 PM by drhayden1 »

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • KISS Army
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 08:06:23 AM »
I think we've had a conversation about this before...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=21979.msg182964;topicseen

Yes, And and it's also NONE of your concern.

On topic: A Day of Mourning for Virginia Tech Shooting Victims

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267300,00.html
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 08:19:01 AM by marc57 »

drhayden1

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 11:50:26 AM »
nice link...thanks marc :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 11:53:24 AM by drhayden1 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 01:53:05 PM »
Hi Dan,

It seems that some are so off-topic even in this general thread that it seems they do not know what the subject is really about. Why post here then? I think this has to do with the fact that being modest or open-minded these days, is explained away as a form of personal weakness. And in order not to show one's insecurity it is considered the best policy to look for weakness in others to feel any better themselves.
This attitude is very strong for instance in my and your country, and it came in during the last ten years: ego-centrism prevails over subtlety and opening up to listening to what the needs of others are.
Just an example where all this can  lead to:
To dreadful things in this world . This is why Rebellian child-soldiers in Uganda for instance have to bite their actual brothers and sisters to death, how can you think this up really as a normal human being,  as a form of initiation, so they can be used without worrying that they will go home and do the evil master's bidding. The evil master thinks in his arrogance he is living according to the rules of the Bible. Nobody seems to care a hoot, and nobody seems to lend an ear. That is why we live in such a world full of monsters and things too sinister to contemplate.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

drhayden1

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 02:07:06 PM »
scary world we live in my friend-even though what i have done and been through-i try to see the good in everything and try to do my best in everything that is right-even though it is hard sometimes-keep love and faith in your heart and the world will seem better even though it is going through bad times right now :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:10:54 PM by drhayden1 »

mauserme

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 03:20:19 PM »
My heartfelt condolances go out to the family and friends of the Virginia Tech shooting victims, and to the family of the man who commited these acts.  Its easy to forget that  those who commit this type of violece leave behind a legacy of sadness for their own as well.

A couple questions/comments:

... there were links between this institute and DARPA, ...
What is DARPA?

... the man was under the influence of mind control (years of prescribed drugs, and without it during the weekend, ...
I have also heard that antidepressants were involved, as is often the case in these types of tragedies.

... playing violent online games?),  ...
In World War II the US Army adopted the use of silhouette targets, instead of bulls eye targets, for rifle training.  The reason was to get the soldiers past the natural human hesitation of killing another human being. 

People don't want to admit it but for some individuals video games can have the same effect.

... would not surprise me as this will be used as a form of attack on the Second Amendment.

The attacks have already begun. Calls for confiscation of guns (which, in England and Australia, has had the opposite of the intended efect), calls for 1 gun purchase per month laws (which Virginia already has), etc.  But the fact is evil, violence, and mental illness exist independent of man's laws.  We already have laws against murder - if everyone would simply abide by that we wouldn't need to worry about inanimate objects whether they be guns, knives, blunt objects or something else.

drhayden1

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »
http://www.darpa.gov/
i play computer and video games...and to me its only a game but to some it can become reality ::)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:42:34 PM by drhayden1 »