Author Topic: csrss.exe  (Read 2524 times)

LouP

csrss.exe
« on: April 26, 2007, 08:41:21 PM »
Hi,

First post here.  I recently was directed to Avst by a friend and was really impressed so I removed my olf AV and installed Avast, very nice.

I was using Microsoft's Flight Simulator the other day right after an Avast update and the program locked up.  I neede to ctrl-alt-del it to end the hang up.  Now the program CTD every time I try and launch a flight.  I ran process monitor during an attempt at making the program work and I noticed a lot of csrss errors.  Also the program crashed right at the point when Direct X was called into action.  I think the file was named diaxda.exe.  Is it possible that Avast thought the csrss file was a virus and did something to it.  If so, is there a way to recover another working version of csrss.exe from MS.

Thanks,
LouP

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: csrss.exe
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:54:29 PM »
If you just disable WebShield from avast, will it help?
Which firewall do you use? Which is your Windows?
The best things in life are free.

LouP

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 09:15:43 PM »
Hi, thanks for responding.  I use Windows XP SP2 and the Windows firewall.

I am in work right now so will not be able to test anything until later.

LouP

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 03:15:40 AM »
I am in work right now so will not be able to test anything until later.
We'll be here...
If you could find which file is being scanned and freezing the computer, it will help.

As a workaround, if you're SURE that the file is CLEAN (not-infected), you could use the Exclusion lists:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning such as the screen-saver or the Simple User Interface):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.