Author Topic: password change  (Read 1800 times)

karenl

password change
« on: April 27, 2007, 12:58:57 AM »
I love my software the only problem that I have is that I need to change the password since I have forgotten it.I want to change my settings.I want to know if that is possible since I don't remember the password.Is there a way to retrieve it or do i have to uninstall which I really don't want to do because I have not had any viruses since I installed the software almost 2 years ago. Can someone anyone help me.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: password change
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 02:24:25 AM »
I'm afraid the only option is to uninstall, reboot, install again.

It would probably be best to download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/programs.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Download this before you uninstall so you still have protection, use this when you reinstall.
If you still have the registration email you were sent with your registration key, find it in readiness.

If you cant find it, complete the avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key. Again if you need to do this get it before you uninstall, so that you have everything you need before you uninstall.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security