Author Topic: downloaded avast free home software  (Read 10992 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: downloaded avast free home software
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 04:40:49 PM »
But the outlook/exchange is still not running it is still waiting for a subsystem to start.  Is this a problem.
Make sure the avast plugin is not disabled into MS Outlook:

Outlook 2007 > Tools > Trust center > Add-inns > Manage Disabled items.
Outlook 2003 > Help > About > Disabled items.
Outlook 2000 > Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Add-In Manager.

As reported a lot of times, the message "The provider is waiting on the subsystem to start" will be shown there until you open MS Outlook.
The plugin will be enabled automatically after that.
The best things in life are free.

angela1

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 04:43:32 PM »
Hi

Thankyou - told you I was not very computer literate - I do not use outlook express so that must be why.

Sorry to bother you.

Angela

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 05:04:02 PM »
As Frank said they are fine to be left on your system, they only use resources when running.

I would suggest a periodic running of these additional tools as a back up to avast. Start them, go on-line and get the latest signatures, disconnect from the internet, pause the Standard Shield provider and then run the other on-demand scans. Once complete don't forget to enable the standard shield again.

Doing this ensures that only one scan is in progress (with no interaction with avast), this not only speeds up the scan duration but avoids any possible conflict if both avast and the other scanner can detect the same malware.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 07:17:37 PM »
I do not use outlook express so that must be why.
Angela, I'm not talking about Outlook Express, but of Microsoft Outlook (full) a part of Microsoft Office suite.

angela1

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 04:41:29 PM »
Hi,

What am I like - sometimes explaining things to me is like trying to plait fog!!

Thanks its all working fine now.

Angela

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
What am I like - sometimes explaining things to me is like trying to plait fog!!
Don't worry that much... sometimes the problem will be that we do not explain things well, thinking everyone will understand.
Glad that everything is working now. Feel free to come back any time you need help 8)