Author Topic: Avast (home) doesn't scan all incoming 'mail'?  (Read 11152 times)

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Avast (home) doesn't scan all incoming 'mail'?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 01:48:02 PM »
I think the server sends it directly to the destination mail server. It is probably not configurable and thus cannot be redirected to the mail scanner.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 03:47:08 PM »
Oh no, evil browsers  :)

There is no way to scan those activities?

Yes, the Standard Shield (configured with the proper extension files) and, in the Professional version of avast!, the Script Blocker.

Sorry, but I'm not sure at all of the extensions you may list for scanning 'emails'. Anyway, I cannot imagine why you couldn't configure your email client and avast! to work properly... A lot of users did it! avast! must have the same port setting as your email client (if you do not use a spam killer or other 3rd party application).
The best things in life are free.

sanderrrrrr

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 05:40:28 PM »
Oh no, evil browsers  :)

There is no way to scan those activities?

Yes, the Standard Shield (configured with the proper extension files) and, in the Professional version of avast!, the Script Blocker.

Sorry, but I'm not sure at all of the extensions you may list for scanning 'emails'. Anyway, I cannot imagine why you couldn't configure your email client and avast! to work properly... A lot of users did it! avast! must have the same port setting as your email client (if you do not use a spam killer or other 3rd party application).

If you say the Standard Shield scan shoud scan those files only when I give up the extensions then it is allright. But he won't include a line like 'this file is save' (there is no option in the Standard Shield).

Now I have to find out what extensions my emailserver is using, am I right?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 05:41:06 PM by sanderrrrrr »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 02:55:05 AM »
If you say the Standard Shield scan shoud scan those files only when I give up the extensions then it is allright. But he won't include a line like 'this file is save' (there is no option in the Standard Shield).

The better you can achieve with this is in the 'Report' file options. Check the 'OK files'...

If you say the Standard Shield scan shoud scan those files only when I give up Now I have to find out what extensions my emailserver is using, am I right?

Not exactly, I think the behavior of an incoming email is not the same as downloading a file but... if you need a suggestion, try to add the following lines to your settings:

On open: WS?,VBS,VBE,JS,JSE,HTA,WSF,WSH,SHS,SHB,HTM*
Files created or [/b]modified[/b]: ACE,ARC,ARJ,BZIP2,CAB,COM,GZIP,PST,RAR,TAR,ZIP,ZOO,ECE
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 03:53:53 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

sanderrrrrr

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2004, 01:54:53 PM »
Okey  :D,

Thank you, this did indeed worked fine. Now Avast can scan all the things I want. pop,smtp, html and all webbased e-mail.

Tnks :)