Author Topic: undeletable viruses  (Read 3377 times)

tessiewebb

undeletable viruses
« on: February 20, 2004, 05:08:55 PM »
     Avast found 3 viruses on my computer and was unable to delete, move, send to chest...I don't have an option of ridding them on restart on my avast screen.   I have the home version of avast wi a vps of 0401-10,06.02.2004.  Don't know if there is something wrong with downloaded avast  or that I just don't know how to use it.  2 of the viruses are Win32Trojan-gen(other) and Trojanhorsedownloader.1stbar.BG.   I didn't write down the name of the 3rd one and the other thing is when I ask to be shown the results of the scan it comes up with a blank screen.
I am continuously getting "this program has performed an illegal operation and will close down" message bars as I'm using various programs, including avast.   AND now I'm getting screens that say I am searching for something when I'm not and something called an "error assistant page" is starting to pop-up!   Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to deal with it? ???

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:undeletable viruses
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 08:40:04 PM »
Well you need Windows 2000/XP for BootScan as far as i know.
Start the Simple User Interface and click settings button and select Schedule boot-time scan. If this option is grayed out or you have Win9x than you can't use this function.

If you know the exact location of virus infected files,than you can use MoveOnBoot utility (freeware) to delete them at boot time:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog