Author Topic: win anti virus pro 2007  (Read 11794 times)

bubble

win anti virus pro 2007
« on: May 27, 2007, 05:23:06 PM »
HELP!!!! Win anti virus pro 2007 installed itself on my computer. i tried removing it but it keeps coming back. It causes pop ups to appear every time explorer is open. i read some removal instruction online, and it have two solution, one is to remove it manually (i.e change the registery) and the other is to install another program to remove it.

Anyone have any idea how to remove it? or can i install avast virus cleaner to remove it? Please help. Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: win anti virus pro 2007
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 05:31:05 PM »
It's a rogue antispyware. Remove it with RogueRemover 1.19.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php
The best things in life are free.

bubble

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 02:49:11 AM »
Thanks so much

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 03:27:29 AM »
Thanks so much
Does it work?

It will be good if you download, install, update and run AVG Antispyware. Some users recommend SUPERantispyware, Spyware Terminator and/or a-squared (take care about false positives).
If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.

bubble

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 05:05:27 AM »
the rouge antispyware managed to remove win anti virus, but now i have pop up appearing, i guess it work to an extend. i am downloading avg antispyware, hope it work.

Spiritsongs

SPECIFIC Name of your Operating System
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 08:34:05 AM »
 :)  Hi Bubble :

You get the Best recommendations WHEN you provide the SPECIFIC Name
     of your Operating System, which you have NOT done at this point
     in time .

mauserme

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »
the rouge antispyware managed to remove win anti virus, but now i have pop up appearing...
What is the nature of the pop up?   What does it say?

bubble

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 06:36:51 AM »
sorry i should be more specific. im running windows xp home edition. i ran the avg anti-spyware, and quarantine all the cookies that the program has suggested.

the pop up that im still getting are , antivirus softwares, and maniatv pop up. i hope this help.

Thanks

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 09:10:30 AM »
Try these two scanners:

Ad-Aware
Spybot Search & Destroy
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

mauserme

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 01:34:47 PM »
If those don't work try this:

Download Smitfraudfix from Here or Here.  Double-click smitfraudfix.exe, Select 1 and hit Enter to create a report of the infected files. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode (before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually).

Double-click smitfraudfix.exe, Select 2 and hit Enter to delete infect files.
You will be prompted: Do you want to clean the registry ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found): Replace infected file ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to restore a clean file.  A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process.

Note:  process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool". It is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes.

Post the Smitfraudfix log and a HijackThis log on your next response.

bubble

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 06:56:36 AM »
i ran the smitfraudfix program and it didnt detect any winnet.dll. the first time i restarted my computer, an ad for tv pop up. so i restarted. and so far i have not had any pop up. but then again this is the first page i opened. But i do notice that it took along time for my computer to load after i reboot.

if all of this worked, can i uninstall the programs that i have downloaded?

Thanks for all your help.

bubble

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 07:27:55 AM »
ok, so i started browsing the web, and out of no where an ad page kept on poping up and would not stop. so i have to ctrl+alt+del.

again i noticed that it took a really long time (5 min) to load all my system tray. i do not have much on my system tray, just msn msger, avast, avg, NVDIA, antispyware, HP digital imaging and my wireless connection.

do you know why this is?

Thanks

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 08:23:25 AM »
Hi bubble,

Post a hijackthis log, and we can have a look as to what you have engaged yourself with on your computer.
It smells of a vundo, but without a logfile to analyse we have not got much. Follow these instructions here, then post: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Must-Read-Before-Posting-Hijackthis-Log-t2852.html

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 02:58:44 PM »
i do not have much on my system tray, just msn msger, avast, avg, NVDIA, antispyware, HP digital imaging and my wireless connection.
Which AVG are you talking about? The antivirus or the antispyware?
Which 'antispyware' is the one you've listed?

bubble

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 06:03:24 AM »
Thanks for the help. the avg i used is avg-antispyware 7.5. I hope this help.