Author Topic: all exe's virus  (Read 3117 times)

mctetly40

all exe's virus
« on: May 29, 2007, 01:27:14 PM »
I guess someone else may have asked this but i can't find the answer, avast 4 home is finding the win32 tanga virus on all my exe files and making my programmes useless how can this be prevented and is it a mistake one your staff that all exe files show as this virus, everytime i switch on my laptop or PC i spend 20Min's just repairing or deleting the so called infected files, I stopped using AVG because of this and am now thinking about finding someother prog to combat this.....   Pls pls pls help

mauserme

Re: all exe's virus
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:44:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum mctetly40.

Try an avast! boot scan, making sure to select "repair" when any infected files are found.  If the computer is in a network isolate it from the others first.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:08:34 PM »
Try to uninstall AVG and boot.
Install avast and boot. Update it and registered it. If you can't go on-line, do it from other computer, copying the registration key.

After that, disable System Restore on Windows ME or Windows XP. System Restore cannot be disabled on Windows 9x and it's not available in Windows 2k. After boot you can enable System Restore again.

Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot. Other option is scanning in SafeMode (repeatedly press F8 while booting).

Clean your temporary files. You can use [ur=http://www.stevengould.org/downloads/cleanup/]CleanUp[/url] or the Windows Advanced Care features for that.

It will be good if you download, install, update and run other trojan remover tools: a-squared and/or Free AVG Antispyware (trojan removers). Some users recommend SUPERantispyware or Spyware Terminator.

Use the immunization of SpywareBlaster or, which is better, the Windows Advanced Care features of spyware/adware cleaning and removal.
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:22:33 PM »
Tenga is a file infector - so it indeed is possible that almost all the executable files on your disk are infected.
When avast! virus warning pops up, there should be a button "Clean the virus completely from the system" (or something like that) there. Please use it, let the cleaning be finished and restart your computer.

mctetly40

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 11:22:37 AM »
 :P Hi and thanks all for the help and advice i will try what i can

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 02:33:33 PM »
:P Hi and thanks all for the help and advice i will try what i can
Please, don't forget to post the results and feel free to ask for further help if you need.
The best things in life are free.