Author Topic: Register Of Known Spam Operators  (Read 3895 times)

drhayden1

Register Of Known Spam Operators
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:59:40 PM »
Like viruses, spam has become a scourge on the Internet as billions of unwanted messages are transmitted daily to almost every e-mail recipient. In 2006, there were an estimated 183 billion spam messages per day in 2006 or 70% of all e-mail traffic.
Eighty procent of spam can be traced via aliases and addresses, redirects, hosting locations of sites and domains, to a hard-core group of around 200 known spam operations. The Register of Known Spam Operations database collates information and evidence on known professional spam operations.
Find out who are sending you this garbage http://www.spamhaus.org/Rokso/  dr.web scanned clean....
click on pic ::)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:02:40 PM by drhayden1 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Register Of Known Spam Operators
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:33:22 PM »
I use the spamhaus.org SBL/XBL origins of spam blacklist database in my MailWasher Pro and that used to pick up most of my spam hits in mailwasher.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 11:37:57 PM »
Hi drhayden1,

Yes, you can add various blacklists inside Mailwasher, and this works beautifully.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

drhayden1

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 12:57:49 AM »
what do you use to protect yourself- for instance you don't have mailwasher pro(which i use) and the spam filters in your email problems such as yahoo mail ??? ::)
http://www.vanhelsing.net/ link clean by dr.web
vanhelsing great dracula movie ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 01:00:06 AM by drhayden1 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:07:23 AM »
Hi drhayden1,

I think that most people here use Mailwasher. For those in far away places and on a low budget, there is still "the last free version of" (one account only).  Never forget about searching for "the last free version", my friend. Isn't it a pity that the developer of Resource Hacker had to spend some time in jail, whereas most spam investors run around as respected citizens. If you think of that there is something wrong with this world. What I meant to say is that when you go inside Mailwasher you can add some well known spamkist to scan your incoming mail against. But spammers are inventive and picture-spammers have found a new way to circumvent spamfilters and curtail the bulk of their spam. The newest technique consists of deep-linking pictures on popular picture sites. It is difficult to block these links, because the chance of FP's is enormous.

The first generation picture-spam had both message and picture. In this way you got large messages, so you could not send that many. The pictures generated a lot of data traffick and are a a real pain in the neck for those firms that are legally oblidged to keep their mail for a longer period.

"The only thing a spammer need is the link to a picture, and through HTML code the picture-spam is shown automatically,"  Dmitri Alperovich, a researcher says. "As long as a new technique is not stopped, spammers go for it", Alperovich continues to say. It is his view picture spam has generated more spam overall.See http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/57560.html

polonus

Click the picture to see the gesture of the indiffrent spammer....

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 08:13:51 AM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

drhayden1

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 10:13:27 AM »
thanks as always damian for the in-depth info and don't know what i would do without my mailwasher pro blacklisting all the crap i get :P
and nice self portait of you when you were younger ;D

click on gif to animate ::)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:15:33 AM by drhayden1 »

Manitoban

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 03:24:25 PM »
there is still "the last free version of" (one account only).  Never forget about searching for "the last free version", my friend.

Just to add, the free version 1.33 handles multiple accounts.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 03:56:14 PM »
Yes I used to use the free version of mailwasher when it did handle multiple accounts so the last free version that handled multiple accounts from something like oldversion.com or filehippo.com if they have it would give multi account handling.

However, there have been many changes, improvements and new functionality along the way to version 5.3 (I use 5.2 as the only change in 5.3 was the removal of blue frog or something like that, that I didn't use) and one of the major ones was the ability to add further spam blacklist databases to improve its spam detections.

I wouldn't ever go back to the version 1.xx free days from 5.2 I would suggest the latest free version you could get even if it only supported one account as the spam detection should be better. For many people the protection for their primary (default) email would be fine. I upgraded to the Pro version about three years ago I think and for a one of payment I have had program updates from mailwasher pro version 3 to now and no additional payments. So it has been a very worthwhile, value for money purchase for me.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security