Author Topic: ashOutXt.dll cannot be loaded in Outlook 2007  (Read 12274 times)

emile

ashOutXt.dll cannot be loaded in Outlook 2007
« on: June 01, 2007, 11:42:50 PM »
I have an XP Pro system, joined to a domain at work.
Recently, I bought the SBS server edition of avast and installed it on the SBS server.
On my XP Pro system, I had a free copy of avast Pro.
Then, I downloaded ADNM and pushed the network client of avast onto my XP Pro machine.
After I rebooted and started Outlook, I started getting the following message:

The Add-in "avast! 4" (C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashOutXt.dll) cannot be loaded an has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

I hit the OK button and Outlook continues loading and I get an alwil splash screen with the following text on it "ms outlook/exchange add-in", it then dissapears.

If I go to the Outlook Tools menu then Trust Center... Add-ins, I can't see any disabled add-in for alwil or avast. I can't even see any avast add-in active.
However, if I switch the view to manage Exchange extensions, I see two avast entries with check boxes.

To stop this error from occuring everytime I restarted Outlook, I had to untick the first avast entry check box in Exchange extensions.

Is there a way to control this setting or prevent the duplication from occuring for others on my network who have avast Pro, when I push the network client onto their machines?

u1tra

Re: ashOutXt.dll cannot be loaded in Outlook 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 11:19:45 PM »
I had the same error and I think it was caused by having outlook open while installing Avast.  To fix it, first exit Outlook then go to your control panel and open Add/Remove programs.  Find Avast! antivirus in the list, and click the Change/Remove button.  Pull the scroll bar down and you'll see a Repair icon, click that and press next.  It should say Avast repaired successfully and will now operate properly.

Hope it helps!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: ashOutXt.dll cannot be loaded in Outlook 2007
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 11:57:07 PM »
Delete "extend.dat" file: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=155.msg651#msg651
The extend.dat file is in a hidden folder, so if you're Explorer to do the search, you need to explicitly enable searching of hidden/system files...
The best things in life are free.