Author Topic: EMClient - Avast is blocking gmail IMAP from connecting.  (Read 2559 times)

Offline jmcclainiphone

EMClient - Avast is blocking gmail IMAP from connecting.
« on: June 30, 2021, 11:19:29 PM »
So I use the popular eM Client for e-mail and since I installed Avast, my Gmail account cannot connect.

I have tried adding Avast to the allow eM Client to  all connections in the firewall but it still happens.

The only way to stop it is to disable the Mail Shield which I would still like to keep active.

Any ideas?

Offline jmcclainiphone

Re: EMClient - Avast is blocking gmail IMAP from connecting.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 11:28:54 PM »
bump

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 01:56:18 AM »
Whilst I don't use eM Client.  I use Thunderbird, but don't collect my gmail using it, I get notifications on my mobile phone for new emails on my gmail account.  So I can't be any practical help.

A screenshot of the error might help determine why for others using the same eM Client and gmail.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RedFan

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 06:57:51 PM »
So I use the popular eM Client for e-mail and since I installed Avast, my Gmail account cannot connect.

I have tried adding Avast to the allow eM Client to  all connections in the firewall but it still happens.

The only way to stop it is to disable the Mail Shield which I would still like to keep active.

Any ideas?
In mailshield you have to disable/scan incomming mail.
Intel® i3 Quad-Core @4,3 GHZ. RAM: 16GB ddr4 || SSD 500 GB || Windows 11 Home x64 || Chromium user.

Offline VBWriter2

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 08:33:50 PM »
The last post was correct.  Leave the MAIL SHIELD turned on, but uncheck (disable) all of the other options.
If you are using Google mail (gmail), they scan your email for you.
GOOGLE doe NOT allow anyone to send executables (.exe, .com, .bat. etc..) in their email.

You are safe..