Author Topic: Want To Install A KeyLogger For My Home Use, Please Help  (Read 3249 times)

d.justins

Want To Install A KeyLogger For My Home Use, Please Help
« on: June 06, 2007, 03:18:07 AM »
Hi There Avast Dudes,

First of all, thank you for a great product! It is infact, so great that it won't allow me to use a Keylogger that i want to install on purpose. 

My family is not the best with computers, and often loose their passwords, press buttons they don't know, and visit certain websites that shouldn't be visited... like the average family.
I was looking to install Blazing Tools Perfect Keylogger, in which i did, and it seems to work perfectly Untill i turn on the on-access protection (like you planned it to i'm sure). I just wanted to know if there was any way i could exclude it from the on-access protection?  I excluded it in the exclusion list in the program settings, then realized those settings don't effect the on-access protection (as it says, which i found out later). 

Thanks ALot for your time, and again for your amazing product.

JSD

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
Re: Want To Install A KeyLogger For My Home Use, Please Help
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:11:14 AM »
That exclusion is for the on-demand scanner. For the on-access scaner right-cliick avast icon, then chose "on-access protection control" then chose resident shield, custom, advanced, then click add, and put the path of the program.
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 03:01:45 PM »
You need to use the Exclusion lists:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning), like calcu007's post:
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning such as the screen-saver or the Simple User Interface):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 03:44:46 PM »
Keyloggers don't stop you visiting sites you shouldn't only let you know they have.

You could look at proactive solutions - Naomi Parental Control software (freeware) http://www.radiance.m6.net/
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

d.justins

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »
Wow, a big thankyou!

It's working perfectly!

And for the site blocker, amazing!  Thankyou to all who posted.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »
No problem, glad we could help.

Welcome to the forums.

Stick around and browse the forums, especially the sticky topics at the top of each of the forums, not to mention the avast help file. They provide a wealth of information to help you get the best from avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security