Author Topic: Help Me!!!  (Read 5344 times)

joinu2

Help Me!!!
« on: June 29, 2007, 10:03:26 AM »
Hello!
I'm new user here, last night when i turn on my notebook it make "beep.......beep.." sound about 15min and when the user login appear, the password box always Auto typing letter xxxxxxxxx.. After trying several times I'm success login to windows but when am open folder or program have box or window for typing it will auto typing letter .... and making sound "beep's....". But when am scan with antivirus and anti spyware (through achieve scan) and boot scan the result is NOTHING!!!

Anybody have an idea??

Thanks

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: Help Me!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 10:26:06 AM »
Hi joinu2,

Have you tried a boot time scan with avast!? Right click the scanner screen, select 'schedule a boot time scan' and reboot when requested.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

What anti-spyware programs have you tried?

Here are some more to try. Run them in Safe Mode if possible:

AVG Anti-Spyware Free (Requires Win2k/XP)
Ad-Aware Free
Spybot Search & Destroy
SUPERAntiSpyware Free

Try a scan with DrWeb CureIT!

Try some online scans. (Disable avast! while scanning.)

F-Secure
BitDefender
Panda
Trend Micro Housecall

If still having problems, post a HijackThis! log.

Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

joinu2

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 11:07:20 AM »
Hi and thanks

I've try avast boot scan, AVG Anti-Spyware Free, Ad-Aware Free, Spybot Search & Destroy, SUPERAntiSpyware Free, Trend Micro Housecall, BitDefender nothing found

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 12:16:04 PM »
Well, just to rule out a malware infection, look for and remove any rootkits (hidden malware) using these scanners:

Panda Antirootkit
Blacklight
AVG Anti-Rootkit

Then post a HijackThis! log as described above.

If nothing turns up, it might be some sort of system corruption or hardware problem. A stuck key on the keyboard, maybe, although this usually causes a beep and error message pre-Windows.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 01:53:16 PM »
I've try avast boot scan, AVG Anti-Spyware Free, Ad-Aware Free, Spybot Search & Destroy, SUPERAntiSpyware Free, Trend Micro Housecall, BitDefender nothing found
Making a HijackThis log to post here and, specially, scan and submit to on-line analysis the RunScanner log would help to identify the problem and the solution.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:01:38 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

joinu2

Help Me!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 06:34:16 AM »
Hello Everyone!!

Thanks for your opinion, and at last i have fix all the problem using all the program u all introduce me

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 03:02:52 PM »
Thanks for your opinion, and at last i have fix all the problem using all the program u all introduce me
The automatic analysis of the RunScanner could you give you further info and you can rest and have peace being sure you're clean.

joinu2

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 03:41:20 AM »
Hello!!

Oh My God! The Problem come again, it's starting when i switch on my pc (i think before my bios startup)

mauserme

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 06:46:21 AM »
It sounds like a keyboard problem to me.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 03:47:44 AM »
It sounds like a keyboard problem to me.
I feel the same.

Did you test RunScanner?
The automatic analysis of the RunScanner could you give you further info and you can rest and have peace being sure you're clean.

joinu2

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 04:41:19 AM »
it not keyboard problem...

it, auto typing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx everytime we use search box or password box and when i run virus or spyware scanner it will make a noice.

Run Scanner????

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 04:56:50 AM »
The Problem come again
If a virus is replicant (coming and coming again), you could follow the general cleaning procedure:

1. Disable System Restore on Windows ME or Windows XP. System Restore cannot be disabled on Windows 9x and it's not available in Windows 2k. After boot you can enable System Restore again after step 3).

2. Clean your temporary files. You can use CleanUp or the Windows Advanced Care features for that.

3. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot. Other option is scanning in SafeMode (repeatedly press F8 while booting).

4. It will be good if you download, install, update and run AVG Antispyware. Some users recommend SUPERantispyware, Spyware Terminator and/or a-squared (take care about false positives).
If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.

5. If you still detecting any strange behavior or even you're sure you're not clean, maybe it will be good to test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest AVG, Panda and/or F-Secure BlackLight.

6. Also, if you still detecting strange behaviors or you want to be sure you're clean, maybe making a HijackThis log to post here and, specially, scan and submit to on-line analysis the RunScanner log would help to identify the problem and the solution.

7. After you're clean, use the immunization of SpywareBlaster or, which is better, the Windows Advanced Care features of spyware/adware cleaning and removal.

8. Finally, when you're clean, check for insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector to update insecure applications and avoid reinfection.

mauserme

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 06:27:07 AM »
Making a HijackThis log to post here ... would help to identify the problem and the solution.
Any time there is malware (I'm still unconvinced there is on your computer :)) this is a good first step.  Here are the full instructions.

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

The log will probably be too long to fit in a singe post.  Break it into 2 pieces and post them separately.