Author Topic: Request for help !!!!! PLEASE READ !! THANK YOU !!  (Read 2034 times)

aew28

Request for help !!!!! PLEASE READ !! THANK YOU !!
« on: July 20, 2007, 11:27:07 PM »
I have Avast 4 Anti virus Pro x home Edition ! When I try to start the program it goes through the memory scan, but the Simple Interface does NOT appear on my desktop !!  Also it des not block pop ups !! If anyone can help please post here !! Thank you !!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Request for help !!!!! PLEASE READ !! THANK YOU !!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 11:59:57 PM »
1. you have avast 4 Home, the Pro version is different and the Home version isn't an extension of it.

2. I suspect you are double clicking the avast icon on the desktop, that isn't how you start the program, it should start automatically on boot. What is it that you are trying to do ?

Is the avast 'a' icon on your system tray ?

3. Pop-ups are usually blocked by your browser or an anti-adware application. Can you expand, what are these pop-ups ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Request for help !!!!! PLEASE READ !! THANK YOU !!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 12:02:23 AM »
I have Avast 4 Anti virus Pro x home Edition ! When I try to start the program it goes through the memory scan, but the Simple Interface does NOT appear on my desktop !!
Which is your Windows? 98, Me, XP?
Do you use any other antivirus in your computer?

Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair). You must be connected to the internet while repairing.

If this does not help, can you uninstall / boot / install / boot again?

Also it des not block pop ups !! If anyone can help please post here !! Thank you !!
And it won't do at all... avast is an antivirus not a popup blocker...
The best things in life are free.