Author Topic: avast! again begins to delete useful files  (Read 2342 times)

WGWG

avast! again begins to delete useful files
« on: July 27, 2007, 05:27:36 AM »
My dearest avast team

It seems to me sometime in the last year that I posted several emails in this forum on the infections detected by avast.

Later on I found that these "infection" were only related to Chinese version of windows system. All were false positives, and I had to reinstall the system.

Today, avast found another "virus" in my computer memory when connecting to hotmail, and I had to disconnect to hotmail, and run a scan my computer.

The problem this time is that avast deletes all the old version of htm files, which were saved in my computer for reference.

Ah, my god, when avast can avoid such stupid mistakes?

Besides, my previous registration  in this forum seemed to be deleted, but I cannot use my previous user name, which seems effective, but password is not valid now.

Sad

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast! again begins to delete useful files
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 04:38:20 PM »
1. avast doesn't delete file autonomously, it scans and if it finds what it believes is an infected file it alerts you and 'you' and you must decide on an option. Delete is just one of the options and the recommended option is Move to Chest. So what option did you choose ?

2. The latest VPS update corrects this detection in hotmail, ensure you have the latest update.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security