Author Topic: Avast and CAPTCHA  (Read 1731 times)

Offline les49

Avast and CAPTCHA
« on: August 13, 2021, 06:48:13 PM »
Recently I have beeen away from home and accessing my e-mail using webmail. 90% of my attempts to log in fail, with a message 'CAPTCHA authentication failed' .The host login displays a CAPTCHA symbol on the login screen, but there is no requirement for any input, no letters to copy, no photos to ID. Then I noticed a message on my browser suggesting that login is failing because of a conflict with AV software. After some correspondence with the host the conclusion seems to be that Avast and CAPTCHA do not get along too well. Is this a known issue? If so, does anyone know how to overcome it? Thanks.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast and CAPTCHA
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 07:06:41 PM »
Are you using Avast SecureLine VPN?

Offline les49

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 08:08:37 PM »
No. Just the bog standard free installation.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 10:14:56 PM »
Ok, I was having problems with captcha and getting logged into one of my credit card accounts when I had vpn enabled. I haven't taken time to figure that one out.

Will you please post some screenshots of the messages you receive?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 10:17:46 PM by Charyb »

Offline les49

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 10:43:30 PM »
I shall when it happens again. When I'm at home I get my mail through Thiunderbird with no issues, but I'll try to replicate the problem. Thanks.

Offline Cluster-Lizard2014

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 01:44:47 AM »
In my experience with catchpas not displaying correctly if it is not a VPN or proxy server issue, most often the cause of such problems, then the next most likely culprit is the browser version.