Author Topic: Issues with Vista menus  (Read 1842 times)

romanom

Issues with Vista menus
« on: August 04, 2007, 11:40:13 AM »
I have Avast Home (free) edition on a Vista Home Premium PC and I like very much, but I have one issue that is really bugging me.

When I open up the main window 'avast! Antivirus' it effects my menu system, specifically the 'right-click menus.'

As an example if I right-click on an desktop icon the menu will transparent, almost unviewable, if you then click on an item in that menu the part of the menu list you clicked will stay on screen indefinitely until you right-click something else.

This happens with all the right-click menus irrelevant of where and what is showing on the screen.

Even after closing the Antivirus window the issue ppersistsresists until I reboot the PC.

I've tried using different skins and I've unistalled and reinstalled the program with UAC on and off and nothing I've done has worked.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Attached a snapshot of the aftermath, this is what's left after right-clicking on the recycle bin.  That 'item' will stay there and on-top of any window until I right click on something else.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 11:42:02 AM by romanom »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Issues with Vista menus
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 01:37:34 PM »
It was an old issue... http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=22698.msg188440#msg188440
I'm not sure if this applies here.
The best things in life are free.