Author Topic: Additional avast! sounds available  (Read 42645 times)

mantra

Re:Additional avast! sounds available
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2004, 03:32:35 PM »
S.Z.Craftec
where did you catches these fantastic female voices?

the only thing that i didn't like of avast , were the sounds
now i'm really happy

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2004, 03:40:02 PM »
Hehe i know the secret :)

Anyway i have some extra voices too,they are a bit evil,like that computer voice from Tiberian Sun game (NOD side).

Package is almost 1,5 MB in size (i had to use stereo for better effect)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2004, 04:12:43 PM »
mantra... where were you?
It seems that just with female sexy sounds can make you come back  ;D
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2004, 04:52:35 PM »
ReJzor wrote:
Hehe i know the secret   :)

Maybe not... I use my sinthesizers and my HUMAN to Synth voice converter (vocoder) that I have...

Hehe i know the secret :)

Anyway i have some extra voices too,they are a bit evil,like that computer voice from Tiberian Sun game (NOD side).

Package is almost 1,5 MB in size (i had to use stereo for better effect)

Yeah, I could do that too, but I didn't want to make those sounds too large in size. We all like when our system resources are as free as it's possible.
I have my little audio studio in here, few Rolands (XP-10 and XP-50) and My precious Korg-X3. When I was back in Croatia, I was making techno, trance and chill-out music. I had so many parties all around Croatia (Future Shock (Zagreb), Catacomba Rave (Osijek), but also all around Europe, Electric Vibes (Holland), Rave Attack (Munchen, Germany)... That is my true love. I'm not DJ, I had so many live acts... that means I make and compose my music. I also have 3 music videos that were shown on Croatian national television HRT in techno show called TOP DJ MAG. One of my songs was first placed for 2 weeks (top ten chart)...

...so it's easy to understand why is it so easy for me to make anything regarding sound effects. If you take a look at my WEB site, you can hear all those sound effects and music patterns that plays all the time... they all were made by me.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 04:54:49 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2004, 04:53:31 PM »
Doh logical ;) I checked your page and you're pro in audio and web :)
I used voice sintesizer and EAX effects,but i didn't work too much around voice mixing.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2004, 04:58:03 PM »
Ok, guys... will someone be so kind to give me advice what's the best software firewall that I can use. Soon (in about 3 days), I'll get hardware firewall and router LinkSys, but I still want to have software one too... I'm on Zone Alarm Free Edition right now, but I want to try something else. I like Zone Alarm because it works great with avast! and there is no negative interaction in between those two. I've heard a lot about McAfee.... is there maybe free version and is it really that good as they say ?

Thanks in advance !
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 04:59:54 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2004, 05:42:47 PM »
Doesn't matter much. Just stick with ZoneAlarm and McAfee PF Plus 5. I'm switching between ZA and McAfee from time to time. Now im back on ZA Pro 4.5 :)

bbfi

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2004, 07:46:29 PM »
Sasha,

ZoneAlarm is good.  But here is a post I replied to because of Waldo -
Waldo,

I decided to give Kerio's updated version 4.0.13 a second chance (tried an earlier version which was full of bugs ).  It works for me and quite nicely too.  

I am using it as freeware (no web blocking, etc.) but I get that from Firefox .8 so that does not matter to me.

I also get the added system security like System Safety Monitor (which was very flaky on my system) or Abtrusion Protector (not free for those with broad band access).

Been using it for three days with no problems and system resources are similar to ZoneAlarm (about 18,000 k).

So, I think my protection has improved and the only reason I switched to Kerio was for the extra system safety monitoring as you suggested that I need but the recommended programs either didn't work for me or had to be paid for.

Thanks Waldo.  

What I recommend that you do is try Kerio free and Sygate free (I don't think that McAfee has a free version, but I could be wrong).  You have already used ZoneAlarm free.  See which one works the best for you, has the features you need, and you feel comfortable using.  These 3 free ones are among the best.  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2004, 12:18:02 AM »
Ok, guys... will someone be so kind to give me advice what's the best software firewall that I can use. Soon (in about 3 days), I'll get hardware firewall and router LinkSys, but I still want to have software one too... I'm on Zone Alarm Free Edition right now, but I want to try something else. I like Zone Alarm because it works great with avast! and there is no negative interaction in between those two. I've heard a lot about McAfee.... is there maybe free version and is it really that good as they say ?

Thanks in advance !

Zone Alarm Free  ;D
Enough and safe... But you can try the Pro version of it. There are a lot of users that recommend the new version of Kerio that seems to be not buggy as the first earlier versions 4. There is not a free version of McAfee. Well, I won't say a word about Symantec as everybody knows what I thought...

Listen Waldo, our prophet!  ;D
The best things in life are free.

sijgs

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2004, 05:40:52 PM »
I asked Alwil for a "European Airport Announcement Coming" sound previous to the "Your Virus Database Has Been Updated" and Vojtech pointed me to this thread.  

The reason is, it seems to update itself when I'm deepest in thought and that voice coming out of nowhere is enough to drain the brain.

I downloaded the sounds and my request would be "ready.wav" followed by "vpsupd.wav" ... is there anyway to put these together?

Regards,
JGS

sijgs

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2004, 08:46:50 PM »
Got it done.  If anyone wants a copy of this, send me an e-mail

Postmaster@Slatronics.com

request dbup.wav

JGS

Summoner Yuna

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2004, 09:30:28 PM »
mcafee personal firewall 2.15 if you can still find a copy of it floating around.its effective and doesnt hog all of the RAM

Lazaro

In other languages...
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2004, 10:03:12 PM »
If I´m not wrong, "personal" sounds are only in the english version, isn´t it?
What about translating that sounds into other languages too? I think Technical or me could translate them without problems into our respective languages (even in female voices, if you want, i have the perfect girl for that).

Let the idea progress, or leave it?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2004, 10:22:29 PM »
As from no one,Sygate is the only True,The One :)
Twice as secure as all other firewalls PLUS it never exceeds 10Mb of RAM usage. Very impressive.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:In other languages...
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2004, 10:32:29 PM »
What about translating that sounds into other languages too? I think Technical or me could translate them without problems into our respective languages (even in female voices, if you want, i have the perfect girl for that).

No problem for me... if you supply the translated WAVs, the current sounds could be easily replaced. Let's wait what the others think about it...
Just don't expect multiple versions to be created - one with male voice, the other female, another one without voice...  ;D