Author Topic: Strange problem after updating to build 4.7.1029 Home edition ?  (Read 2161 times)

bnc1

A strange problem one day after updating Avast Home edition to build 4.7.1029 ...

I noticed a serious slowdown in internet access in both DSL and cable ISP's. I tried the usual solutions of rebooting modem, disabling and enabling the network connection etc. No help. When I realized both DSL and cable were affected I knew something else was wrong. I rebooted and all the internet access problems were gone. I then started looking at the system event viewer. I found many Avast event ID 90 records

first error record was: AAVM - initialization error: ClientRqDispatchThread: avworkInitialize failed, 00000008
    also a record for each site visited like: AAVM - scanning warning: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx .... returning error, 80004004

There were hundreds of these records. I could find no other dates where these records occurred.
This problem has only happened once.  I only use these 4 providers: Internet Mail,Network shield,P2P shield, Web shield
The problem occurred on the second boot after updating from build 4.7.1001 to 4.7.1029
I am running Vista Ultimate x64

??? Any idea as to what happened here ?  ???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Strange problem after updating to build 4.7.1029 Home edition ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 04:20:08 PM »
Eh, why not using the standard shield? Which is basicly the most important thing to use.
And what happens if you disable one of the other providers? Does it change things?
And what settings for the other providers?