Author Topic: False positive Win32:Trojan-gen{Other} on compling autoit script  (Read 2049 times)

tickling

Hi

I am using autoit (www.autoitscript.com) heavily, so far with version 3.2.2. Today I have upgraded autoit to its latest version 3.2.4.9 and made some modifications to the code. the result is I cannot compile or run any scripts with Avast running. Is there anything to do about it ?

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: False positive Win32:Trojan-gen{Other} on compling autoit script
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 05:24:32 PM »
There is a constant battle with autoit scripts and avast, mainly because it is written using VBS I believe and many malware writers use to write malware.

If you are getting a virus warning that you believe is a false positive, then if you can zip and password protect ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no spaces), or send from the chest (after adding it to the User Files section of the chest).

Give a brief outline of the problem (possibly a link to this thread), the fact that you believe it to be a false positive and include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast version and VPS number (see about avast {right click avast icon}) will also help.

I don't know if this is a workable option but you could create a folder for your scripts and exclude that from the avast scans.
Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add and
Program Settings, Exclusions

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner I feel virustotal is the better option as it uses the windows version of avast (more packers supported) and there are currently 30 different scanners.

Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. Whichever scanner you use, you can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security