Author Topic: Pros and Cons of Avast! 4.7  (Read 17873 times)

timcan

Re: Pros and Cons of Avast! 4.7
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 12:07:35 AM »
Hi,my biggest con with avast! is it scans all of my snapshots and I see no whay to exclude the other ones.I have the opinion that avast should only scan (talking about a on demand scan) the snapshot that it runs in. :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 12:18:51 AM »
It couldn't be easier, Program Settings, Exclusions, Add, e.g. G:\ImageFolder\*.jpg or *.bmp or just * after the folder location, it is better to use the wildcard with a file type so any other files that might end up in the folder will get scaned.

So no con at all it is built into avast to exclude files or folders, etc.

Also see the avast Help file, Settings, Exclusions Page, a really helpful document.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 12:20:46 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

timcan

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 01:52:24 AM »

So no con at all it is built into avast to exclude files or folders, etc.

I see no way to exclude ISR folders.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 02:35:26 AM »
Sorry I have no idea what an ISR folder might be if I happened to trip over one.

A little google later, I assume you are talking about first defence ISR ?

If the snapshot folder/s are in a regular folder, can you not exclude that won't it allow you to use C:\MainFolder\$ISR-Folder\* or C:\MainFolder\?ISR-Folder\* note the ? wildcard which represents a single character.

As I clearly said I have no practical experience of ISR so I don't know anything about its structure.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mojako_2you

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 06:58:09 AM »
It's not really affordable here in Malaysia, cause for home user at least I need to pay more than RM300.
I think the price are slightly lower....it is about rm130 right now for one license key...
Is the same with kaspersky price....but I think kaspersky the most better as it have many prog that are more secure and I think you know that our country also using kaspersky as the antivirus for goverment and education...
why???? This because there are better than Avast as the program are good for a home user that are simply rely on the antivirus itself to protect them for virus, malware and spam...
I just wan avast to work as a home user program....for me if u are using avast is not good...u still have to put some others program to securely protect...but using kaspersky...I think im really secured...
but as i read in the post about the avast v5...maybe this features prog that ill included in the avast5 can make me to pursuaded many of my friends to buy Avast....

Go go avast....

MeDIeVaL

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 07:45:54 AM »
Maybe slightly lower nowadays but still depend on which area do you live. The price varies from one place to the others. You won't get that RM130 price in the small town cause they will add their gas cost, stamps, manpower and whatever cost they think fit to increase the price. Kaspersky as govt official antivirus? Never heard 'bout it. As far as I know they used, Norton, Trend Micro and McAfee.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 07:54:04 AM by MeDIeVaL »

mojako_2you

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 10:19:24 AM »
wah u didnt know it???
Just go to schools and many administration biulding you can see many of the laptops and computer starting using kaspersky....
Im also working as one of the helper to install this antivirus in the school....
In under School net program to provide antivirus solution to school...

MeDIeVaL

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »
Nope... never heard 'bout it. I'm working with the ministry but never seen any of those pc used Kaspersky.As I've said before, they used Norton, Trend Micro and McAfee which you know won't protect you better this superb avast!

mojako_2you

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 04:19:55 PM »
wawawa.... I think many school already turn to kaspersky...u should go to school to find it out...
Perak for sure about 90% already change to kaspersky....