Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 2328 times)

cool jay

Advice needed
« on: October 01, 2007, 08:44:29 PM »
  ??? Will avast work well with  vista 64? :-[
And how easy is it go back to xp pro ? I am lead to understand that vista business does allow you to go back to xp pro and how do i obtain a disk ?
New laptop has no disk and had vista business.
Any expert advice taken
 :D
cool jay

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 09:18:17 PM »
Sorry I can only answer the first question, avast works fine with 64 bit versions of Windows.

The others should really be on the General forum as they are unrelated to avast. I would say however, that rather than install something and have to go back, which is likely to be more of a nightmare than a dream. You should investigate fully what it is you want a 64bit OS for as there many issues you may not like, such as finding software that will work on it, getting drivers for your peripherals, etc. etc.

The other aspect is yes it may be possible to go back with vista business, but does vista basic meet your needs. Many of the functions a home user would like are not in the business version, like media stuff. You really need to do your home work and choose the OS that best suits your needs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 10:11:54 PM »
New laptop has no disk and had vista business.
Yes. There is the disk. You need to compile it and burn it (DVD).
Which is your laptop? Dell, HP?
You can search for the pre-installed tools in the computer and you'll find 'Recovery' options to do it.
The best things in life are free.