Author Topic: NEW Avast Version 21.10 (November 2021)  (Read 26643 times)

Offline Mr. Consumer

Re: NEW Avast Version 21.10 (November 2021)
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »
I had to uninstall and reinstall the product to get the Firewall.
But this Firewall doen't have the option to manually add programs to it to create my rules. This is such a shame. Adding apps is the most basic feature of any Firewall. It doesn't matter that it's free. So core functionality wise it's even worse than Windows Firewall.
Second release in the row I'll have to skip for now...  :(

1. Judging by the commenters here, Firewall is forced upon users, disabling the default Windows Firewall (which I personally prefer to use instead of Avast's one), giving no way to disable Firewall in Avast Free, if it's not needed, apparently.

2. Despite various reports over the past month, even during beta testing in its thread, broken Export / Restore settings feature.

Bust most importantly, Firewall must be possible to disable.

Otherwise for people who prefer other Firewalls (including Window's Default one) Avast becomes unusable.

I like my Windows 7 Firewall just fine, and I have many rules there I have no wish to re-create for Avast, even if I did want to use it (which I don't).

Avast break Nal service on Win 7 64bit, after each PC boot this error appear in Windows Event manager(Avast Firewall not installed).
Oh yes, this report from the post right above mine, again, doesn't increase my confidence into the new Avast update.

I'm scared to update, because I see it will break everything on my computer that works just fine now.
Don't worry. The Firewall is not forced. You can remove the Firewall component after the update or decide to not install during a fresh installation. So if you prefer Windows Firewall, then you can keep using that with Avast.

Offline dwh

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 09:07:21 AM »
I'll probably wait until I can get an offline installer with an unbroken Export /Restore settings feature, which may mean skipping 21.10 entirely.  I have a hardware firewall and don't think additional software ones add any value; I don't try to disable the Windows firewall only because I figure Windows is more likely to screw up deviations from its assumptions, and the cost in wasted memory and processing cycles is likely pretty insignificant.

-dwh

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2021, 09:24:14 AM »
After updating the version and installing the firewall, the "Windows Security" icon no longer appears. (see attached image).
Why?

Solve ... >:( >:( >:(

Windows 10 Pro Edition
Version 21H1
Installation date: 01/07/2020
Operating system build 19043.1348
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 experience
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline ee950657

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2021, 11:12:00 AM »
After I upgraded to this version, Internet Explorer became unusable :'(
Please fix it as soon as possible.

Online NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 11:49:48 AM »
After I upgraded to this version, Internet Explorer became unusable :'(
Please fix it as soon as possible.
Confirmed, will report to the devs soon
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline PDI

• Avast team
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 02:22:15 PM »
Hi,

we'd release an uUpdate to fix the iexplore issue probably tomorrow.

Regards,
PDI

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2021, 03:26:17 PM »
After updating the version and installing the firewall, the "Windows Security" icon no longer appears. (see attached image).
Why?
Hi, that's normal. As Avast fully protects you, there's no need for WS to show its icon.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Mr. Consumer

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2021, 03:40:40 PM »
Why?
Hi, that's normal. As Avast fully protects you, there's no need for WS to show its icon.
That's not normal, actually. It might not be necessary to access it in general, but the icon shouldn't stop showing up unless it was disabled from the startup items or else. If not Avast, then something else caused this. Sometimes it gets fixed after a system restart. The user should check if it's enabled on startup. If not, then I have a potential solution to make it appear once again.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2021, 03:45:27 PM »
Why?
That's not normal, actually. It might not be necessary to access it in general, but the icon shouldn't stop showing up unless it was disabled from the startup items or else. If not Avast, then something else caused this. Sometimes it gets fixed after a system restart. The user should check if it's enabled on startup. If not, then I have a potential solution to make it appear once again.
Please note that Windows itself disables it, if (full) 3rd party protection is installed/enabled.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Mr. Consumer

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2021, 03:52:32 PM »
Why?
Please note that Windows itself disables it, if (full) 3rd party protection is installed/enabled.
I'm talking about the tray icon only. Not Windows/Microsoft Defender AV. The Windows Security icon don't get removed from startup when third party products gets installed. Windows Security contains other non Microsoft Defender info also. Like Exploit protection, secure boot, TPM, parental control, etc.
I think what the user said is that, after updating to the latest version, his Windows Security icon disappeared, which shouldn't have happened. So he should check whether it got disabled somehow on startup item.

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2021, 04:10:34 PM »
Why?
I'm talking about the tray icon only. Not Windows/Microsoft Defender AV. The Windows Security icon don't get removed from startup when third party products gets installed. Windows Security contains other non Microsoft Defender info also. Like Exploit protection, secure boot, TPM, parental control, etc.
I think what the user said is that, after updating to the latest version, his Windows Security icon disappeared, which shouldn't have happened. So he should check whether it got disabled somehow on startup item.

Practically the icon appeared when the PC was restarted but after a few moments it disappeared and then that of Avast appeared. This also happened by restarting the PC or turning it off and on.
The automatic start of the security system icon was active.
To fix I had to uninstall and reinstall Avast Free.
Unfortunately it was a very bad upgrade experience.
It means that next time I will not update it right away, as there may be problems and more bugs. I will wait for the update to be proposed to me automatically after days, when it will be more stable.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 04:39:09 PM by Nunzio77 »
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2021, 09:31:56 PM »
Second release in the row I'll have to skip for now...  :(

1. Judging by the commenters here, Firewall is forced upon users, disabling the default Windows Firewall (which I personally prefer to use instead of Avast's one), giving no way to disable Firewall in Avast Free, if it's not needed, apparently.

2. Despite various reports over the past month, even during beta testing in its thread, broken Export / Restore settings feature.

Bust most importantly, Firewall must be possible to disable.

Otherwise for people who prefer other Firewalls (including Window's Default one) Avast becomes unusable.

I like my Windows 7 Firewall just fine, and I have many rules there I have no wish to re-create for Avast, even if I did want to use it (which I don't).

When updating to this latest version, the Firewall is not installed, but you have to add it if you want and on the other, you can deactivate it just like the other shields....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 09:33:38 PM by miguelgrado »

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2021, 08:02:52 AM »
Hello,
2 small remarks with this version:

1-the release notes that appear just after the 1st reboot display the truncated special characters (in French).See screenshot 1

2-the avast icon was hidden in the taskbar, I went to "customize notification icons" to set the avast icon to "Show icon and notifications" (this is the first time this has happened since I started using avast).
This can be explained by the fact that there are 2 times "avast antivirus" in the applications (see screenshot 2).... The 1st one, the one actually used was set to "Show notifications only", the 2nd one (old version?) should not appear anymore.

Offline Karel Šťavík

• Avast team
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2021, 01:06:25 PM »
Hello, issue with Internet Explorer is now fixed and fix is in public. So once you receive it (uupdate scheduled task is started every 4 hours), it is necessary to restart the PC to apply the fix.
If you would like to receive the fix immediately, best way is to start scheduled task from Task Scheduler manually.

Offline Ali666

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2021, 11:16:07 PM »
How to uninstall a flawed version of Avast secure browser ? And how to stop flawed update to be systematic ?
The last update was such a terrible job, i lost everything.
All my personnal information, all my shortcut in homepage except for facebook (who cares ?), and all of my F**KING passwords.