Author Topic: Whats safe to delete  (Read 3927 times)

terrysmoose

Whats safe to delete
« on: March 05, 2004, 02:32:23 AM »
I just started using avast, so it is very new to me. I ran the scan and got   :'(
comload.dll     C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM 3
                        win32: trojan-gen. (other)
and

YFMTAHOV.exe     C:\WINDOWS
                               w32: ncasespy trj

Are these safe to delete.
Will avast not let you delet something you need for your system. and if not how do I know what is safe to delete.
I put these 2 in my chest. Thank you for the help.   ???
Terrysmoose

whocares

Re:Whats safe to delete
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 08:10:40 AM »
Hi,

please use the board search or vgrep (see below) for the virus names,
then come back with more detailed infos ;)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 07:50:05 PM »
ComLoad.dll
http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/c/comload.asp

YFMTAHOV.exe is a trojan and can be safely deleted.

Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Johnny2k0

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 05:25:18 AM »
I just got the w32:ncasespy too. It would be nice if Avast told you what the virus is and how to get rid of it. If you are afraid to delete files put them in your virus chest.

terrysmoose

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 07:10:21 AM »
I did put them in my chest for about 4 days. My computor really started acteing up and going slow.I got so feed up I reformated it. It is getting so bad on the net. I do not know why these people do things to make outher people go through hard times on their computor. Maybe they should get a mate and be happy instead of trying to make our livesas un happy and pusterateing as theirs is. I am waitting for a person to come out with something that will back fire on all these what to prove to be someone people. Everytime they make a trojon or virus it just goes right back to them. If they are so smart and can do all this why don't they get a job making programs instead of trying to destroy someone or something. Go Figure.  Uh If I had those brains I would be putting them to GOOD USE.  Guess that is the difference between .... DUH... and just plain not smart.