Author Topic: Avast! ...alert to WIN32-025[troj]  (Read 5355 times)

SKYCOMP

Avast! ...alert to WIN32-025[troj]
« on: March 06, 2004, 04:43:51 AM »
Can someone better describe the trojans Avast! detected as to whether they are false or true? My belief and expertise falls in line with Avast!'s database definitions in this case, however i need details
into their descriptions if any in order to determine their entry when they attached to my System Field. So far i can only verify the date of their creation which i assume is the date they were added to my machine. These 2 are respectively M20DECT.EXE & dfd.exe, both with similar icons leading me to believe they were carried as part of a download in the same package of a program. Thanks! Oh, by the way, the 1st one resided in SYSTEM field & dfd.exe in WINDOWS dir.

whocares

Re:Avast! ...alert to WIN32-025[troj]
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 06:20:42 PM »
Hi,

there exists no trojan with the above name in avast'S database..
do you mean maybe Win32:Trojano-025 [Trj] ?
If so, I believe there where also topics on this one, please use the board search above first

Also tell us which WIN you have, if you have ALL Windowsupdates, and
please try again and post the full path and filename of the infected files
(I didn't get what you mean by System field)
Please be as detailed and exact as possible, or rephrase your question(s) above

you might also want to look here at Info/removal-instructions of earlier trojano-variants:
http://www.virusbtn.com/resources/vgrep/vgrep.cgi?terms=Trojano&product=1

Please scan the infected files with onlinescanners from Trendmicro and KAV (see below) so we get some other, more informative virus names.
you will have to pause avast's resident shield to do the onlinescan
 ;) ;)

SKYCOMP

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 03:22:37 AM »
Hi,

there exists no trojan with the above name in avast'S database..
do you mean maybe Win32:Trojano-025 [Trj] ?
If so, I believe there where also topics on this one, please use the board search above first

Also tell us which WIN you have, if you have ALL Windowsupdates, and
please try again and post the full path and filename of the infected files
(I didn't get what you mean by System field)
Please be as detailed and exact as possible, or rephrase your question(s) above

you might also want to look here at Info/removal-instructions of earlier trojano-variants:
http://www.virusbtn.com/resources/vgrep/vgrep.cgi?terms=Trojano&product=1

Please scan the infected files with onlinescanners from Trendmicro and KAV (see below) so we get some other, more informative virus names.
you will have to pause avast's resident shield to do the onlinescan
 ;) ;)

SKYCOMP

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 03:24:49 AM »
I dont know whats wrong with this board but it refused to accept my bmp file that clearly shows and points out the results of a scan that detected, so it says, of 2 Win32-025 trojans. Also cancelled my reply alond with it. How can you professionally research and address issues with these type of limitations in place? I'll try to repeat what i had just submitted, the full paths are as follows C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\M20DECT.EXE & C:\WINDOWS\dfd.exe respectively. Is this so hard to understand? As i have "isolated" & "separated" these 2 files and will gladly submitt for review if requested. I value my equipment, and is why i place its security to some degree into the technology offered from Alwil. But merely dismissing "threats" by immediately deleting them only gives space for continued uncertainties as to why did this happen,when did it begin, and what is the content of these files. As i am not of the resources to technically "read" into these malicious finds, i do expect a professional explaination and the satisfaction of revealing some of the characteristics of electronic invasions such as these to better equip an arsenal to prevent a reoccurance in the future. Thank You and i welcome your reply.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 03:35:51 AM by SKYCOMP »

whocares

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 02:45:26 PM »
Hi,
if you want help, I#d advise to reread the above questions/info again (I'm only a user here, and not affiliated with alwil)

there are still a lot of unanswered questions, especially
the result of the onlinescanners and win version (95 or 98?)

do you use avast 4 (home or pro) or avast 32 ?
which programm version and which iavs/virus database?

try attaching your screenshot of the trojan-alert again after reading the instructions on attachments:
"Allowed file types: txt,jpg,gif,png
Maximum attachment size allowed: 150 KB "

« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 02:46:54 PM by whocares »