Author Topic: can't purchase renewal using PayPay, or get a reply to emails from Avast  (Read 2685 times)

vern

I have now emailed support@avast.com, sales@avast.com, and have called directly to the only phone number that I can get to, which is the phone number for shareit.com, and here are the responses I have received NO response from Avast on either email (not even an autoresponder), and shareit.com informs me that it isn't their problem:  it is a problem with the website of ALWIL.  The only contact information that they have is support@avast.com

Therefore the originating problem is not my greatest concern at all.  My greatest concern is the cavalier attitude of Avast about responding to issues.  I can get that kind of service from any number of vendors. 

If I had been responded to (which, by the way, would be a benefit to ALWIL given that I am actually trying to purchase something from them), then I wouldn't be airing this issue in a public forum. 

As for the original issue, when I go to purchase Avast using PayPal, which the Shareit site passes me to PayPal, there is a garbage descriptor in the item line (absolutely unrelated to ALWIL, Avast, or antivirus, and no amount shows.  Being a risk-taker, I even hit the button to make the payment once, and I was bounced back to the Shareit page without the purchase being authorized.  Later, after having verified that I hadn't purchased a brand new car for some scam artist, I tried again and found that I had the same garbage descriptor come up in PayPal, so naturally I didn't attempt to authorize the payment again.

You might think this would be of interest to ALWIL, given that there may well be others in this big, bad old world that use PayPal for all on line transactions instead of exposing their credit cards.

If I don't have an acknowledgement to either of my emails or this post within the next few days you can be assured that I will be purchasing someone else's product, and I will stop recommending AVAST to others.  The reason ISN'T because there is a problem with the PayPal purchase.  The reason IS because of the lack of interest ALWIL has in the issue.  At the VERY LEAST they should have contact information with ShareIt that is real, given that issues during purchasing should almost never arise.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: can't purchase renewal using PayPay, or get a reply to emails from Avast
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 05:57:32 PM »
Well I don't believe they are in the habit of ignoring communications, but they might be receiving your emails but you may not be receiving the replies. Do you or probably more important, your ISP have Spam Filtering if so they need to allow avast.com.

Or you could try using a different email address domain, the email you gave for sales @ avast.com would be the most relevant.

What was the domain name of the email address you used to send the email ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:16:31 PM »
There shouldn't be a lack of interest on trying to solve this... for sure...
Which browser are you using to access PayPal?

I hope you're not trying to bought a license from a site on this list: http://www.avast.com/eng/fraudulent-sales-of-avast-products.html
The best things in life are free.

justinb

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »
Dear Vern,

Thanks for the post.

I can confirm that our support group responded to your request just under one day after your initial email (your support reference: QEP-245402) . I can find nothing from you in our sales queue at all.

However, in this instance, the issue lies with Digital River (share*it, element 5) as they handle all collection of monies on our behalf, and the process is outside of my abilities to correct - I can only ask our account contact at Digital River to look into the matter on your behalf (which I have done so.)

I recommend that, in order to receive information about this issue, that you check your bulk or spam folder and allow email from asw.cz, avast.com, shareit.com, digitalriver.com and/or element5.com; sorry it is so many, however, I cannot guarantee where the response will be coming from.

Kind Regards,

Justin.

Justin Bellinger
Worldwide Operations Manager
ALWIL Software a.s.